Montana Firefighter Allegedly Fired Over Instagram Workout Photos

Kavsuvb

Forum Captain
Interesting story

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
not really... she was terminated for violating a social media policy that didn't exist, and she was singled out by management because of her gender. And they fired her the day after she came back from 6 weeks off from having surgery.

Personally, I hope she wins, and is awarded a huge settlement. Her former department treated her horribly.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
not really... she was terminated for violating a social media policy that didn't exist, and she was singled out by management because of her gender. And they fired her the day after she came back from 6 weeks off from having surgery.

Personally, I hope she wins, and is awarded a huge settlement. Her former department treated her horribly.
Look at that. We completely agree.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Sounds like this was clearly a case of discrimination and not having a prior social media policy was huge oversight. However...

"Prior to her termination, the department issued Pritchard verbal and then written warnings that she had utilized taxpayer resources for her own benefit, posted a photo taken at the scene of an accident and refused to take down posts depicting Evergreen Fire equipment and resources when asked to do so."

I think the request to take down pictures that clearly show a company/department name and that are being explicitly used for advertisement and profit is a completly reasonable request as long as it is equally applied to all employees. Again, should have had a prior policy.

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
If it’s good for Cops, it’s good for Plugs. Life’s a *****, No?

OP
OP
Kavsuvb

Kavsuvb

Forum Captain
Something like this

Attachments

• 84332801_3093121130699190_4172169516672876544_n.jpg
    84332801_3093121130699190_4172169516672876544_n.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 133
OP
OP
Kavsuvb

Kavsuvb

Forum Captain

Have you seen her instagram page and here it is

DrParasite

I think the request to take down pictures that clearly show a company/department name and that are being explicitly used for advertisement and profit is a completly reasonable request as long as it is equally applied to all employees. Again, should have had a prior policy.
I've bolded and underlined the important part.

The request is valid; however she was singled out because of her gender. The department didn't any any of the men to take down their pics. And based on what I read, their claim that she was using the department image for profit is questionable at best.

DrParasite

Yes I have; I found 0 issues with it. I just went through ever picture, and am incorporating her situation into a presentation on social media use.

She is a firefighter, and fan of the thin redline ( for the record, so am I). she works out in a sportsbra (with a thin red line on it, and no, I don't have one of those, but I do have a TRL paracord bracelet that I wear 24/7, and have worked out in a FD T shirt in the past) and in leggings (or whatever you call those skin tight workout pants that women love to wear). She has picture of her at work, in a bikini, and A TON of her working out. Any images of her with products are of her not at work. Are you saying you shouldn't be able to post a picture of you at work on social media at all (and I'm pointing to you, who is photographed in a coast guard aux uniform as your profile pic)? It's not like she is drinking a sponsored beverage while in uniform with the truck in the background; that would be a completely different story.

She's a fitness nut, likes to show off her amazing body (she's not shy), but none of the pictures are obscene (unless you have a problem with the female body; I don't), none of them are embarrassing to the department, and none of them are anything you wouldn't see in a gym, at the beach, or at the station. And she has has an amazing change to her body since she became a gym rat, and decided to document it. I have 0 issues with her instagram page.

If she was a guy, this would be a non-issue. I stand by my original statement: Personally, I hope she wins, and is awarded a huge settlement. Her former department treated her horribly.

OP
OP
Kavsuvb

Kavsuvb

Forum Captain
Yes I have; I found 0 issues with it. I just went through ever picture, and am incorporating her situation into a presentation on social media use.

She is a firefighter, and fan of the thin redline ( for the record, so am I). she works out in a sportsbra (with a thin red line on it, and no, I don't have one of those, but I do have a TRL paracord bracelet that I wear 24/7, and have worked out in a FD T shirt in the past) and in leggings (or whatever you call those skin tight workout pants that women love to wear). She has picture of her at work, in a bikini, and A TON of her working out. Any images of her with products are of her not at work. Are you saying you shouldn't be able to post a picture of you at work on social media at all (and I'm pointing to you, who is photographed in a coast guard aux uniform as your profile pic)? It's not like she is drinking a sponsored beverage while in uniform with the truck in the background; that would be a completely different story.

She's a fitness nut, likes to show off her amazing body (she's not shy), but none of the pictures are obscene (unless you have a problem with the female body; I don't), none of them are embarrassing to the department, and none of them are anything you wouldn't see in a gym, at the beach, or at the station. And she has has an amazing change to her body since she became a gym rat, and decided to document it. I have 0 issues with her instagram page.

If she was a guy, this would be a non-issue. I stand by my original statement: Personally, I hope she wins, and is awarded a huge settlement. Her former department treated her horribly.
I think she'll win a court case on Sex and gender discrimination. I also think there is Nothing wrong with promoting health and fitness in the Fire and EMS side. Like me, I do work out in the gym and I have leggings on.

Here's her fitness site https://www.presleykpfit.com/

chriscemt

Forum Lieutenant

She's a legit gym rat. I'm really not sure what there is to be bothered by.

From Article said:
“He had no proof... and decided to write me up anyway.”

Man, where have I heard that before.

Last edited: