Mods

FF-EMT Diver

Forum Captain
How many mods does this site have?

What are the rules for keeping this place clean?

And by that I mean how long do ya'll allow problem people to continue to be a problem? Is it monitored by how many times a post is reported? or do ya'll actually patrol this board and keep a non-partial attitude and take care of business when it must be done?

Allow me to say I'm complaining or think I have a better idea, I'm just curious and am wondering....

Last edited by a moderator:

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
How many mods does this site have?

We currently have four main Community Leaders. We will be adding more mods in the near future.

What are the rules for keeping this place clean?
You can read our rules by clicking on the green Community Rules link found at the top of every page.

And by that I mean how long do ya'll allow problem people to continue to be a problem? Is it monitored by how many times a post is reported? or do ya'll actually patrol this board and keep a non-partial attitude and take care of business when it must be done?
We actively monitor threads and also respond to the ones that get reported.

Allow me to say I'm complaining or think I have a better idea, I'm just curious and am wondering....
Not a problem.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Answer:

Forty-two.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
No disrespect to the OP but here I was thinking about writing a thank you to the mod team for doing such a great job of throttling back so to speak.

There has been a noticeable decrease in the heavy handedness that used to perverse these forums. This decrease in oversight has allowed topics to expand on many tangents while increasing everyone's knowledge, perspective and understanding of different things from the everyday mundane to the complex medical.

Topics are dynamic and the natural exchange of ideas results in bouncing back and forth, sometimes going all the way around your backside to get to your elbow but usually the journey is well worth it.

Yes, things have heated up but if you will observe in some of those threads where things escalated, eventually ideas were shared, a few jabs here and there but then the topic gets back on track and other readers perform a bit of moderation as well.

This community is active with enough dedicated people that we will tend to police our own before the mods have to step in; our own variation of Citizens on Patrol.

If you observe extreme attacks (note extreme, not petty BS jabs) do your part by one of two options:
1. Use the report button and send PM if it is that serious to you
2. Contribute to the topic by ignoring the bad stuff and addressing the original post

By taking an active interest in these situations, it minimizes the workload of the mods and negates the "need" for more.

Anywho, to the mod team, keep it up by continuing to do what you don't do. :)

OP
OP
FF-EMT Diver

FF-EMT Diver

Forum Captain
Again I was not complaining, I participated in a debate yest and there was a poster that kept calling people out on petty issues and it quickly got annoying, I was kinda asking what you mentioned AK, was it ok for us to step in and try to help someone see that are being an arse wether they realize it or not or do we shut up and pound the report button until they come and do it.

Chimpie thats a lot of work for 4 mods!!!!