Mobile Apps

dhaage

Forum Crew Member
I just upgraded to a new smartphone and am looking for some applications to put on it. It is running Windows Mobile 6.5 so pocket pc apps are what I need for it. I have Epocrates and have looked through the forums here but the suggestions are all well over a year old. I'm not just looking for ems apps though one i would like would be one like ambtime for the palmos.

EricCSU

Forum Ride Along
I have an iphone, so I'm not sure if this is available to you, but I really like "Perfect OB Wheel". It calculates LMP and EDC quickly so you don't have to do the math yourself. Well worth the $0.99.

Eric

Medic115

Forum Probie
I have an iphone, so I'm not sure if this is available to you, but I really like "Perfect OB Wheel". It calculates LMP and EDC quickly so you don't have to do the math yourself. Well worth the $0.99.

Eric

I agree... The Iphone has some really good apps for Medics, but I'm not sure if other phones can download them or not...:unsure:

wyoskibum

Forum Captain
Check out eMedic

I just upgraded to a new smartphone and am looking for some applications to put on it. It is running Windows Mobile 6.5 so pocket pc apps are what I need for it. I have Epocrates and have looked through the forums here but the suggestions are all well over a year old. I'm not just looking for ems apps though one i would like would be one like ambtime for the palmos.

Check out eMedic: www.eMedic.com

Which smart phone do you have?

Aaron schweizer

Forum Ride Along
Pocket protocal.

I run with pocket protocal, has all the basic standard actions you need to know, also it's very good for passings tests.

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief

Eric

Steal a pregnancy wheel from an OB GYN clinic. The drug reps give us piles of them. Send me a SASE and I'll send you one if you don't have a lady friend to use as a cover lol.

Maybe I'm just crazy but I would be uncomfortable, as a patient, if my caregiver whipped out their personal iPhone in front of me and started using it.

By the way, I am seriously impressed that you have ever bothered to "do the math yourself". After a year and a half in OB-GYN I have always just used wheels, and most of our residents and medical students haven't even mastered those yet, never mind any math.

framework4

Forum Ride Along
Mobile apps:

Start at Skyscape (most not cheap but worth the price, also has a few freebies)
http://www.skyscape.com/index/home.aspx

All the Informed guides are available as pda sized Acrobat files. (Cheap)
http://www.informedguides.com/

The Merck manual and more for free
http://www.merckmedicus.com/pp/us/hcp/hcp_home.jsp

CalliGrapher 8.7 has a Medical words prompt addin
http://www.phatware.com/index.php?q=product/details/calligrapher
http://www.phatware.com/index.php?q=product/details/medicalpack

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
I have the same operating system on my phone and I have two programs, Epocrates and "Paramedic Toolbox". It has several modules, including ACLS, PALS, toxicology and I can't remember what else. It's not really anything I ever use on a call, but it comes in handy for reviewing when I have some down time.

Dominion

Forum Asst. Chief
Steal a pregnancy wheel from an OB GYN clinic. The drug reps give us piles of them. Send me a SASE and I'll send you one if you don't have a lady friend to use as a cover lol.

Maybe I'm just crazy but I would be uncomfortable, as a patient, if my caregiver whipped out their personal iPhone in front of me and started using it.

By the way, I am seriously impressed that you have ever bothered to "do the math yourself". After a year and a half in OB-GYN I have always just used wheels, and most of our residents and medical students haven't even mastered those yet, never mind any math.

I don't see an issue with this so much, granted when I use my cell phone on a call I usually say something like. "Sorry about this I just need to look up some specific information on one of your medications" or something like that. I think it looks about the same as reading your protocols to look for a medication dosage.

Pneumothorax

Forum Lieutenant
I don't see an issue with this so much, granted when I use my cell phone on a call I usually say something like. "Sorry about this I just need to look up some specific information on one of your medications" or something like that. I think it looks about the same as reading your protocols to look for a medication dosage.

yeaw, its like having a tiny e-book.^_^

Sasha

Forum Chief

That's why you sit behind them in the airway chair and do it.

Paladin78

Forum Crew Member
Didnt see it mentioned here. I have the iPhone app called EMS Logger which comes in handy for marking exact times of events. Nice little app and it's free!