Minneapolis EMS agencies

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
Hi Everyone,

Has anyone worked in the Minneapolis area?
Is Hennepin EMS the only ALS primary 911 transport provider?
How are the wages, schedule, and agency culture in the area?

Thank you in advance!

cruiseforever

Forum Asst. Chief
I worked for Ridgeview Ambulance and Allina Health ambulance in the Minneapolis area for 32 years. Both of these services covered the suburbs and rural areas outside of Minneapolis. Hennepin EMS is the sole provider for the city of Minneapolis and some of the suburbs. I would go to the Hennepin ambulance union web site to get detailed info. It is https://hcape.org

If your just interested in the area and not just Hennepin ambulance. I would encourage you to try Ridgeview ambulance. When I retired they were hiring a few medics that left Hennepin ambulance. Ridgeview is a hospital based ambulance service. So there can be a lot of transfers. But they also cover a large 911 area. When I left I was getting $37.00 an hour.

They are going thru some changes as some of the management team has also retired. Most of them had been there for 30+ years. Almost every service in the twin city area is looking for medics. Let me know if you need more info.

cruiseforever

Forum Asst. Chief
Here's an update about wages in the Minneapolis area. Hennepin EMS will now take into consideration years of service in EMS instead of starting you at the bottom. They also had a large raise. Other services in the area are also increasing wages. If I was still working in the area, I would be around $41.00 an hour.