Might be relocating

Seaglass

Lesser Ambulance Ape
I might be relocating in the next year or two. Of all of the places that are likely options, Lincoln, Nebraska is the one that I know least about. If I wind up there or anywhere on my list, I'll have a primary source of income outside EMS, but I'd like to at least stay active in the field. Is anyone familiar with places to work or volunteer there? I'm open to pretty much whatever--just exploring my options well in advance.

I know much more about the other possibilities, but anyone who wants to chime in about them is still welcome. Here's my list:

-Boston, MA
-Philadelphia, PA
-Palo Alto, CA
-Chicago, IL
-Tuscon, AZ
-Tempe, AZ
-New York City
-Washington, DC

Bonus points: which one of these would be your pick, and why? Don't know if I'll have much of a choice, but it can't hurt to ask...

ETA: I'll probably have FFI&II and/or Intermediate/Medic by the time this happens.

Last edited by a moderator:

bunkie

Forum Asst. Chief
Aww. No WA state? :(

I love DC. High, high cost of living though.
I'd probably go with Boston or Phili (even if I like pittsburgh more ;) ) of the choices for myself. Seem like nice places depending on where you are at.

rescue99

Forum Deputy Chief
Aww. No WA state? :(

I love DC. High, high cost of living though.
I'd probably go with Boston or Phili (even if I like pittsburgh more ;) ) of the choices for myself. Seem like nice places depending on where you are at.

DC, definately DC!! Great place filled with exciting oportunities. I hope to move back again someday.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
I might be relocating in the next year or two. Of all of the places that are likely options, Lincoln, Nebraska is the one that I know least about. If I wind up there or anywhere on my list, I'll have a primary source of income outside EMS, but I'd like to at least stay active in the field. Is anyone familiar with places to work or volunteer there? I'm open to pretty much whatever--just exploring my options well in advance.

I know much more about the other possibilities, but anyone who wants to chime in about them is still welcome. Here's my list:

-Boston, MA
-Philadelphia, PA
-Palo Alto, CA
-Chicago, IL
-Tuscon, AZ
-Tempe, AZ
-New York City
-Washington, DC

Bonus points: which one of these would be your pick, and why? Don't know if I'll have much of a choice, but it can't hurt to ask...

ETA: I'll probably have FFI&II and/or Intermediate/Medic by the time this happens.

That is a wide variety of cities there my friend! What is moving you?

I love DC although like somone else said, high COL.

silver

Forum Asst. Chief
unless you like high cost of living, overpopulated, cold, and full of traffic cities, where EMS doesn't get paid like anything then don't move to Boston or NYC.

Other than that, those places are awesome, and you would want to move there...

OP
OP
S

Seaglass

Lesser Ambulance Ape
That is a wide variety of cities there my friend! What is moving you?

Grad school, assuming I get in. Luckily, most on the list wouldn't be entirely new to me--I've at least visited most. Lincoln and the ones in Arizona are the only real unknowns.