Mid Michigan EMS

motoman1500

Forum Ride Along
Hi there fellow EMT's and Paramedics. I am moving back to mid Michigan this summer (Saginaw/Bay City/Midland area) and will be looking for full time employment. I am an AEMT in the state of Georgia and will be transferring my license up there. Michigan, as far as I'm aware does not do much with AEMT's/EMT-I's so I feel like I would have an advantage over a basic that's applying.

I'm wondering if anybody has any experience in this area, preferably with MMR or Mclaren. Specifically looking for pay range/benefits/scheduling/etc.

When I move I will be an AEMT with roughly 8 months of experience, also PHTLS, ACLS, and PALS certified. I'm hoping I could negotiate a higher rate of pay with that since the only openings that are available with each company are basic and paramedic.

If anybody has any experience with either company or just experience in this area in general, I would be more than happy to hear it!

TonyaL

Forum Crew Member
Depends on where your applying to. I am a Aemt in Southeast Michigan. I work for Concord EMS.

A lot of companies hire Aemts but only put basic and medic on their website. For example I applied to Community EMS. They only have Basic and medic on their website. I filled out the application for EMT basic. At the interview I let them know that I was a Aemt and gave them a copy of my license.

They hired me in as a AEMT. Same thing with Universal Macomb.

There are not many AEMT in Michigan since Michigan didn't offer the class for 3 years and it was up in the air about what they were going to do.

Companies do hire and use AEMT. So fill out the basic application on the website. During the interview when they find out your AEMT they will bump you up to AEMT pay and position. It happened to me 2 times already.