1. Tired of seeing ads? Click here to register today and the ads go away. It's completely FREE, too!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Can't find what you're looking for? Use the search bar in the upper right corner.
    Dismiss Notice

Medictests Vs. JB Learning Test Prep Which is better?

Discussion in 'NREMT' started by Shellfish, May 15, 2018.

1. Shellfish

Shellfish Forum Ride Along

Education:
    EMT
    Hello all,

I graduate (hopefully) in July and take my National Registry for paramedic. I am wondering whether I should go with Medictests.com or JBlearning Test Prep. I have used Medictests.com and liked it, but I was wondering what the pros and cons of each are before I purchase one.

2. ParamedicGirl221

ParamedicGirl221 Forum Crew Member

Education:
    Paramedic
    i used medictests.com although it was helpful i felt it kept repeating the same questions. jb learning seems to have a bigger bank of questions. but both were very helpful. best of luck! i'm sure you will do just fine

3. Colt45

Colt45 Forum Lieutenant

Education:
    Paramedic
    JBL is a little better IMO but I found value in both. Especially medictests NR simulator.

4. TheEleventhHour

TheEleventhHour Forum Crew Member

Education:
    EMT
    I also recommend FISDAP. As someone who used JBLearning & FISDAP I can say my NREMT was closer to FISDAP with the vagueness of the questions. What I love about JBL was the explanations for why the correct answers were correct & why also the wrong answers were wrong but I'd have to say the NREMT (at least mine) was closer to FISDAP. Most of my NREMT questions were 1 line, a few 2 at the most whereas I've come to find a lot of JBL questions were 2-3 lines long with much more details in the scenarios.

For example:

JBL type question - "You & your partner arrived on the scene, etc, found the patient laying in etc position, his vitals are etc & a witness states etc, you should first..." whereas a FISDAP type question "Your patient complains of etc, & has a history of etc, you should..." leaving a lot to be desired as far as information that isn't given to you & my NREMT was very similar.