Medical Journal on small cell carcinoma

ClarkKent

Forum Lieutenant
Ok, I have been asked to find a Medical Journal on small cell carcinoma that is not a case review. Every time I have done a google search for this all I get back are care reviews. I need to find one and write a two page review of the report.

Thank you for your help
JK
(no I am not just kidding, that is my name)

NepoZnati

Forum Crew Member
Can this help?

* Lung CancerLung Cancer Resource Center - a collection of the latest medical news and information on lung cancer prevention, diagnosis and therapy.
* Multiple Myeloma Resource CenterMultiple myeloma is a rare cancer characterized by a proliferation of malignant plasma cells.
* Natural History of Stage I Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: Implications for Early DetectionClinically insignificant lung cancers are overdetected with screening, remaining an ongoing controversy. What is the long-term survival for untreated stage ...
Journal Article, CHEST, July 2007
* Cooperative Group Research Endeavors in Small-cell Lung Cancer: Current and Future Directionsdiscusses the scientific vision of various cooperative groups regarding small-cell lung cancer research, as presented at the 2008 International Lung ...
Journal Article, Clin Lung Cancer, October 2009
* Controversies in the Management of Stage IIIA Non-Small-Cell Lung CancerNew developments in the management of non-small-cell lung cancer are presented with an emphasis on resolving debatable issues in order to determine the ...
Journal Article, Expert Rev Anticancer Ther, December 2008
* Cooperative Group Research Efforts in Lung Cancer 2008: Focus on Advanced-Stage Non-Small-Cell Lung CancerDiscussion from the 9th annual Lung Cancer Congress in June 2008 is highlighted, focusing on advanced-stage non-small-cell lung cancer.
Journal Article, Clin Lung Cancer, November 2008
* Importance of Quality of Life in Patients With Non-Small-Cell Lung CancerQuality of life (QoL) in patients with non-small cell lung cancer is reviewed along with interpretation of results from clinical trials and new ...
Journal Article, Clin Lung Cancer, March 2009
* Targeted Therapy in Advanced Non-Small-Cell Lung CancerMolecularly targeted therapies have recently expanded the options available for patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
Journal Article, Semin Respir Crit Care Med, June 2008
* Differences in Epidemiology, Histology, and Survival Between Cigarette Smokers and Never-Smokers Who Develop Non-small Cell Lung Cancer Although cigarette smoking causes lung cancer, never-smokers can also develop this disease. What is the effect of smoking status on survival after ...
Journal Article, CHEST, July 2007
* Quality-of-care Indicators for Non–Small Cell Lung CancerAre quality-of-care indicators for non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) available in the literature? Which process-of-care indicators are the most studied? ...
Journal Article, Cancer Control, November 2009
* NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology™ Non-Small Cell Lung CancerThe National Comprehensive Cancer Network issues updated guidelines for the diagnosis and management of non-small cell lung cancer.
Practice Guideline, Medscape Hematology-Oncology, January 2010
* Thalidomide Ineffective for Small Cell Lung CancerFor patients with small cell lung cancer, treatment with thalidomide does not improve survival or quality of life, according to a phase III clinical trial ...
News, Reuters Health Information, July 2009

Refine Your Results ∧ 1 - 10 of 1,043
http://search.medscape.com/medscape-search?queryText=Small Cell Lung Cancer

OP
OP
ClarkKent

ClarkKent

Forum Lieutenant
I need to find a journal that is about 6-7 pages that was published with in the past five years.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Google scholar?

Pubmed?

Also, make sure you aren't confusing a case study ("case review") with a review article (an article integrating multiple studies).

Also, feel free to PM me if you find one that requires a subscription and I should be able to send you the full text.

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
As JP said... you may need institutional access to get an article like that. What is the assignment for?
Consider looking specefically at JAMA, NEJM, BMJ, or ASCO (cancer.net), or aad.org.

Good Luck!
dan

OP
OP
ClarkKent

ClarkKent

Forum Lieutenant
This is for my A&P class as we talk about the lymphatic system. This is just a basic A&P class I don't need anything to deep. For my until review I was asked to write a review of a journal about small cell carcinoma.

OP
OP
ClarkKent

ClarkKent

Forum Lieutenant
OP
OP
ClarkKent

ClarkKent

Forum Lieutenant
I have found a few articles but if you happen to find more, please pass them my way.

Thank you again