Medic school in another state.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
I plan on attending paramedic school in a different state because someone in my family agreed to pay for it if I go to a certain school. I do get NREMT through the school, but what I want to do is take the school there, then come back to San Diego for the internship, is that allowed? Or will I need to do my internships while I am there?

Thanks.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I plan on attending paramedic school in a different state because someone in my family agreed to pay for it if I go to a certain school. I do get NREMT through the school, but what I want to do is take the school there, then come back to San Diego for the internship, is that allowed? Or will I need to do my internships while I am there?

Thanks.

A lot of it depends on the school. Have you asked them if you have to do internship at a service they pick or if you can go back to CA to do it?

OP
OP
E

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
A lot of it depends on the school. Have you asked them if you have to do internship at a service they pick or if you can go back to CA to do it?

Not yet, I'm still going through the application process. I'll fire them an email.

terrible one

Always wandering
What state?
Chances are if it is outside of CA they practice under more liberal protocols, possibly a chance to learn more than from a "mother may I" system in SD. Why not just do an internship there?

OP
OP
E

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
What state?
Chances are if it is outside of CA they practice under more liberal protocols, possibly a chance to learn more than from a "mother may I" system in SD. Why not just do an internship there?

Because I live in cali, and have family and my girlfriend here.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Free Medic school? Do it! Being able to get the medic without having to pay for it is big.

Last edited by a moderator:

terrible one

Always wandering
Because I live in cali, and have family and my girlfriend here.

So your going to attend didatic and clinicals in another state but can't stay another 2/3 months to finish an internship? Am I missing part of the story?

firecoins

IFT Puppet
do the internship phase where the medic program is. Your girlfriend can wait 3 months and if she can't, pay for her to go throught the program. 2 for the price of 1.