Medic Jobs in Central Florida

ParamedicGirl221

Forum Crew Member
Looking to move to central florida area with in the next year or so from new york. Where are some good places to work as a paramedic?

SunshineCamo

Forum Lieutenant
Looking to move to central florida area with in the next year or so from new york. Where are some good places to work as a paramedic?

Florida is mostly Fire based EMS. If you want to make a decent wage there's three agencies

-Sunstar Paramedic Tampa, FL
-Lake EMS, Lake County
-EVAC Volusia County

Florida Hospital has it's own interfacility service but I'm not sure exactly how much they make.

American Ambulance is an IFT that pays pretty poorly.

Rural Metro did IFT and was a back up service to Orlando FD, I'm not sure how the AMR/RMA merger will change things. They got paid pretty poorly too from what I understand.

In/around Orlando there's almost a dozen hospitals or stand alone ERs. I know at one point the ERs were pushing for paramedics especially on nights. Best of luck!

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Nemours is new in town, recruiting and competitive in pay from what I hear.

Are you looking for on the road work or hospital work? Aside from interfacility transports, your options as a medic in central FL are severely limited. Sunshine gave you some decent options, which of course means traveling outside central FL to work but to get to any of those locations from central FL will take you 45 mins to 1.5 hours. Not a horrible commute, I used to do way longer as do many others here on this board.

OP
OP
P

ParamedicGirl221

Forum Crew Member
thank you for the info...i will look into these companies, i'm willing to travel from the orlando area. i'm only moving to that area due to family reasons so i'm willing to travel to make money. i prefer more on the road work then interfacility but i'll be happy to find a medic job

OP
OP
P

ParamedicGirl221

Forum Crew Member
Yes, i volunteer as a paramedic at an ambulance corp and i'm also a paid paramedic responder at several fire districts and ambulance corps