medic class just started

RJB

Forum Ride Along
My instructor gets very distracted, and class time isn't very beneficial. I'm wondering what I can use other than my book. Is there a website or youtube channel you found beneficial?

thanks in advance

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
You're paying for it. I'd take some steps to get the instructor on track. A conversation with the program coordinator or Dean may help ... Or get your money back and go to a legit program?

I will admit, the class portion of my program was next to useless. My instructor loved to tell war stories and pepper in old EMS maxims.

It's what you make of it. Study your text and use a test prep service.

Last edited by a moderator:

UnkiEMT

Forum Truck Monkey
Premium Member
It's kinda pricy, but my medic class used the Jones and Bartlett Paramedic Online as a supplement, and I kinda liked it. (http://www.jblearning.com/catalog/9781449609207/).

That being said, DEmedic is right, if your instructor isn't being useful, do something about it. It's not just about your education (Which is important enough just by itself), it's about the quality of all the medics who are going to hit the streets after the class is over who may or may not even hit the average amount of knowledge for a brand new paramedic.

OP
OP
R

RJB

Forum Ride Along
We are using jones & bartlett, glad you think highly of it.

And you both are right. I should get this taken care of before we get too far in.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
You're paying for it. I'd take some steps to get the instructor on track. A conversation with the program coordinator or Dean may help ...

True, it may help......or it may make your life as a student a living hell for the duration of the program.

Just take what you can from class and study hard. Lots of resources out there.

Hitch

Forum Ride Along
New Paramedic student

Im an Army medic and started my paramedic course last week. Does anyone have any additional resources/websites? We are using the Paramedic Practice Today book. Does anyone have the associated powerpoint slides? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
True, it may help......or it may make your life as a student a living hell for the duration of the program.

Just take what you can from class and study hard. Lots of resources out there.

Good point. :) I just powered through mine.