1. Tired of seeing ads? Click here to register today and the ads go away. It's completely FREE, too!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Can't find what you're looking for? Use the search bar in the upper right corner.
    Dismiss Notice

MCPIC Certification

Discussion in 'Military/Tactical/Wilderness EMS' started by Kenneth Young, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Kenneth Young

Kenneth Young Forum Ride Along

Education:
    Paramedic
    When I first learned I was receiving a Medical Care Provider in Charge certification along with my remote/wilderness EMT certification I was about to earn, I was unaware of what the certification was even used for. So I turned to the internet. Other than schools that offered the certification, the only other solid result was this forum. The search brought up an old thread. It was a dead thread, laden with arguments and inaccurate information, and terminated by the administrator for these reasons.

So with information limited on the subject, and I'm sure others are like I was and want to find out more about the subject I wrote an article and published it on LinkedIn. I' work in a position where the MCPIC certification is very useful, and now I understand the confusion over it. Especially from those whom only have"heard about it", and not worked in the roll. I hope this writing will help others like myself when considering a position as a medic on a vessel at sea.

Life of a Vessel Medical Officer

Enjoy.

Luno and VentMonkey like this.
  2. VentMonkey

VentMonkey Forum Deputy Chief Premium Member

Education:
    Paramedic
    Good article. In another life I so would have been up for something like this. Keep up the good work @Kenneth Young.