Mauran ambulance about to be out of business?

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
I thought they went out of business long ago? Last I saw them was on a terrible episode of Operation Repo.

OP
OP
L

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
I thought they went out of business long ago? Last I saw them was on a terrible episode of Operation Repo.
Are you serious? They did become smaller company like 1 or 2 years ago but unless something changes in the next few hours I guess they will be officially out of business assuming they are not already closed.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
They were shut down by the dot before. They run primarily 2 rigs not alot of call volume for them. I see them fueling up at an Arco station off van nuys all the time. Rigs are gas non diesel.

OP
OP
L

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
They were shut down by the dot before. They run primarily 2 rigs not alot of call volume for them. I see them fueling up at an Arco station off van nuys all the time. Rigs are gas non diesel.
While DOT did recommend they be shut down, they were instead given probation which they completed. They did however shrink in size by about half. They still got 14 units, so it seems unlikely they were only running 2 units.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
While DOT did recommend they be shut down, they were instead given probation which they completed. They did however shrink in size by about half. They still got 14 units, so it seems unlikely they were only running 2 units.
You only run 2 if you don't have the business. You don't post dialysis trucks all over if you don't got the reason. Unless they were running crappy logisticare calls.

OP
OP
L

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
You only run 2 if you don't have the business. You don't post dialysis trucks all over if you don't got the reason. Unless they were running crappy logisticare calls.
Logisticare right now is not crap. They are paying medicare rates. As for them not having business, honestly seems strange considering how much business is out there. You just have to be willing to move your vehicles around. However it seems at this point to be irrelevant if they are shutdown.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Logisticare right now is not crap. They are paying medicare rates. As for them not having business, honestly seems strange considering how much business is out there. You just have to be willing to move your vehicles around. However it seems at this point to be irrelevant if they are shutdown.
They didn't have a proper PR staff. With a personal name you could take it far. Alot of the older american baby boomers like a name they can associate a company with ie, schaefer, bowers, mc cormick, hall, goodhew, risher, krypton.... I could go on. If you don't have a strategy you will fail.

OP
OP
L

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
They didn't have a proper PR staff. With a personal name you could take it far. Alot of the older american baby boomers like a name they can associate a company with ie, schaefer, bowers, mc cormick, hall, goodhew, risher, krypton.... I could go on. If you don't have a strategy you will fail.
If you don't have business you reduce vehicles until you start making money. I called them and they did answer so it's possible they paid the insurance and got go ahead from dot but it just haven't been entered in to their insurance system yet. If they are indeed still in business they are must have serious financial problems for them nto being able to make payment till possible right before their insurance gets cancelled.

OP
OP
L

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
Saw their vehicle today on the road. Anyone know if they are still in business? Their Facebook page reports that there are permanently closed