Man Steals Ambulance from Missouri Hospital

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
A man was arrested after stealing an ambulance from a Kansas City, MO hospital. The man drove off from the hospital, then wrecked the ambulance and was subsequently bitten by a police canine while trying to escape the damaged unit. Read more here. (From EMSResponder.com)

Sail195

Forum Lieutenant
How can someone possibly think they would get away with that... lol

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief
Yeah, how do you think you'll get away and that on one will notice that you have a new ambulance parked in your driveway with someone else's name on it?

firecoins

IFT Puppet
why don't the EMTs and medics lock the ambulance? Or least remove the key.

OP
OP
Tincanfireman

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
How can someone possibly think they would get away with that... lol

Well, I'm thinking that with three previous alcohol-related convictions (probably heading for four now) and a suspended license, Our Hero isn't exactly the poster child for common sense. Then again, I am the guy who likes running *toward* the burning airplane, so who am I to talk...

emt_angel25

Forum Lieutenant
that is pretty funny. i will have to call a girl i went to EMT school with see if it was her company.

medic417

The Truth Provider

I am aware of services that require the ambulance remain running except when at the station. Some have the ignition where key can be removed and engine stays on and others do not.

emt_angel25

Forum Lieutenant

we very rarely remove the keys from our trucks let alone lock the doors. and you know you have got a pair if you steal them from a hospital. LOL.

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
Ambulances blend in.

fortsmithman

Forum Deputy Chief
we very rarely remove the keys from our trucks let alone lock the doors. and you know you have got a pair if you steal them from a hospital. LOL.

I remember something that happened in either Calgary or Edmonton I think it was Edmonton. The thing that happened is that someone stole a Crimestoppers van from the parking lot at police headquarters.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
I am aware of services that require the ambulance remain running except when at the station. Some have the ignition where key can be removed and engine stays on and others do not.

Hospital ERs require ambulances to shut down. The fumes get in the ER.

People have been known to enter ambulances with the intention of stealing drugs and the crew's personal belongings. Police rarely catch them.

We shut down and lock our ambances