Los Angeles City Permits

eman00

Forum Crew Member
This question is for the ones who work in LA County and LA City. I've been in the field for some years now and the past few years, I've been having to transport psych patients to LA Metro Western ER, wait with the patient for med clearance, then transfer the psych patients to LA Metro Hawthorne. My concern is that a few rigs at my company do not have LA City permits, but when we pick up a patient out of LA City (in a non-LA City Permit rig), and transfer them to LA Metro Western, are we suppose to just drop the patient off and not wait since the rig does not have a LA City Permit? Or are we allowed to wait with the patient and transfer from LA Metro Western to LA Metro Hawthorne? I've heard different answers that all vary, but none of them cite LA City protocols. If anyone knows the answer and can cite LA City protocols, please do reply, Thanks for the help and have a great weekend.

From my understanding you are ok if you are just dropping off and waiting. It would be a different story if you picked up the patient in Los Angeles.

BNB

Forum Probie
in the city of Dallas,tx once you transfer care to the arriving facility if you pick up that patient without a City of Dallas permit you can be cited. The only time you can get away with it is if you do not transfer care IE patient remains on your stretcher

Dandy

Forum Probie
7.16.030 Licenses--Required.
Every ambulance operator shall procure and maintain a license and pay an annual license fee
in the amount set forth in Section 7.14.010 of this code under the appropriate heading in order
to operate in any incorporated city or unincorporated area of the county. (Ord. 2011-0031 § 3,
2011: Ord. 91-0002 § 4, 1991: Ord. 83-0017 § 3 (part), 1983: Ord. 11806 § 1 (part), 1978: Ord.
5860 Ch. 4 § 1003, 1951.)