Looking for data for Cath alerts, stroke alerts, and trauma activation

LanceCorpsman

Forum Lieutenant
Its pretty obvious that the pre-arrival notifications for STEMIs and stroke alerts improve door to balloon time. But what does the actual data show on outcomes in mortality? I'm a 100% sure the data is out there. Ive been looking for a high quality systemic review that shows the improvement in outcomes. I've looked through a couple dozen articles and haven't come across any. PubMed shows thousands of results.

Can anybody point me in the right direction?

E tank

Caution: Paralyzing Agent
Its pretty obvious that the pre-arrival notifications for STEMIs and stroke alerts improve door to balloon time. But what does the actual data show on outcomes in mortality? I'm a 100% sure the data is out there. Ive been looking for a high quality systemic review that shows the improvement in outcomes. I've looked through a couple dozen articles and haven't come across any. PubMed shows thousands of results.

Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Hospitals have RN's (mostly) whose job it is to track these things. Titles are things like "trauma coordinator" "stroke coordinator"...stuff like that. Start there for more local (and relevant) data.

OP
OP
LanceCorpsman

LanceCorpsman

Forum Lieutenant
Hospitals have RN's (mostly) whose job it is to track these things. Titles are things like "trauma coordinator" "stroke coordinator"...stuff like that. Start there for more local (and relevant) data.

I'm looking for peer reviewed articles of high quality. A systemic review and/or meta analysis. I've managed to get data from my local ED but its less than n=100

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Here's one retrospective analysis of data of patients (n = 1933) "diagnosed with STEMI either before or after hospital arrival" from LA - no statistically significant impact of prehospital cath lab activation on mortality (95% CI -1.0-5.2).

I haven't seen a good meta analysis for STEMI, trauma, or sepsis...yet. I'll keep lookin'.

I've managed to get data from my local ED but its less than n=100

You know, you can pull NEMSIS data - they have outcomes data.

OP
OP
LanceCorpsman

LanceCorpsman

Forum Lieutenant
Here's one retrospective analysis of data of patients (n = 1933) "diagnosed with STEMI either before or after hospital arrival" from LA - no statistically significant impact of prehospital cath lab activation on mortality (95% CI -1.0-5.2).

I haven't seen a good meta analysis for STEMI, trauma, or sepsis...yet. I'll keep lookin'.

You know, you can pull NEMSIS data - they have outcomes data.

Thanks! Its super challenging to find

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Thanks! Its super challenging to find

Meta analysis for STEMI alerts!

Where percutaneous coronary intervention was performed, out-of-hospital 12-lead ECG and advance notification was associated with a 39% reduction in short-term mortality (8 studies; n=6,339; risk ratio 0.61; 95% confidence interval 0.42 to 0.89; P=.01; I(2)=30%) compared with standard or no cardiac monitoring. Where fibrinolysis was performed, out-of-hospital 12-lead ECG and advance notification was associated with a 29% reduction in short-term mortality (1 study; n=17,026; risk ratio 0.71; 95% confidence interval 0.54 to 0.93; P=.01).