Looking for a used AED for sale

LIFEGUARDAVIDAS

Forum Crew Member
Hi, I am interested in purchasing an AED during my next summer season in the US. All the water rescue, diving, BLS and trauma equipment I have bought so far has always been brand new and straight from the manufacturers/suppliers, however due to my very limited budget the AED has to be a used one, and therefore I decided to post a thread here.

What do I need an AED for? > Well, unlike the places where I provide lifeguard services in the US, in Argentina early defibrilation is almost unthinkable. EMSs here are as chaotic as the general situation of the country. In my specific case, I often work in really remote areas in Patagonia where if an ambulance shows up within an hour of being called it's unusual. -And even then: sometimes not staffed with properly trained personnel, barely equipped with an old gernie, an incomplete first aid kit, a used BVM and maybe an O2 fixed tank.

Why an AED and not a manual one? > First, my current training and certification only allows me to use an automatic one. Second, in order to bring it with me on the plane without having to fill special paperwork. Third, the legislations in Argentina.

I'm not looking for any particular brand as long as it is an internationally known one -mainly in case it needs to be serviced / updated in Argentina. (Laerdal, Philips, etc.). It should be in fairly good conditions, usable, and if possible, includes its manual.

Pricewide: something around $1500. I will pay for shipping costs. -(It won't have to be sent outside the US, I would buy it while being in the US between the end of May and mid October).

Thank you all in advance for reading this thread,

Guri

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
LIFEGUARDAVIDAS

LIFEGUARDAVIDAS

Forum Crew Member
Thank you very much! Great website and even greater prices!

I will also check e-bay.

Guri

EMTryan

Forum Crew Member
What do I need an AED for? > Well, unlike the places where I provide lifeguard services in the US, in Argentina early defibrilation is almost unthinkable. EMSs here are as chaotic as the general situation of the country. In my specific case, I often work in really remote areas in Patagonia where if an ambulance shows up within an hour of being called it's unusual. -And even then: sometimes not staffed with properly trained personnel, barely equipped with an old gernie, an incomplete first aid kit, a used BVM and maybe an O2 fixed tank.
Guri

I lived in Argentina for a while a couple of years ago and I can totally relate to everything above! I lived in Buenos Aires but I did visit Patagonia. Argentina is a great country, I loved it and want to return. But it is the absolute last place in the world to have a heart attack. (and the EMS service would probably be on strike anyway!:p)

Amazon.com is another good place to look. The Philips Heartstart Home Defibrillator is an excellent AED at a good price only $1,239.95

Do your research, look around and see what other people recommend. You can get a very good AED for well under $1,500 and that is incredible considering that only a few years ago most defibrillators cost in excess of $3,000!

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
You can get a very good new AED for under $1,500. AEDSuperstore was great to work with in the past, and they may be able to work with your pricing needs. The price of AEDs increased a few hundred dollars a year or so ago, but they are still within your price range.