PArescueEMT

Forum Bartender
check the name
I am from Philly and have been to DC on multiple ocasions for my fire company. It's only about 4 hours away. I also used to volly in PG county.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I work in Santa Cruz, CA, but it's non-ems related.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I work for the Dept. of Homeland Security/TSA in the Other Washington.

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
I work anywhere my employer wants me to because I'm a CPA. (Based out of Jericho, NY). I volunteer in Eaton's Neck, NY and Commack, NY.

Summit

Critical Crazy
Originally posted by ffemt8978@Jan 31 2005, 01:23 AM
I work for the Dept. of Homeland Security/TSA
TSA

Thousands Standing Around

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Originally posted by Summit+Jan 31 2005, 10:35 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Summit @ Jan 31 2005, 10:35 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ffemt8978@Jan 31 2005, 01:23 AM
I work for the Dept. of Homeland Security/TSA
TSA

Thousands Standing Around [/b][/quote]
The Stupid Agency

Totally Stupid A**holes

Yep, I've probably hear of them all.

PArescueEMT

Forum Bartender
I hate saying it... but here the TSA are a bunch of a**holes. the have stolen items out of both my and my mother's bags. They took my first copy of FIREEms and they took my mother's undergarments. They even had the nerve to put that little "we rifled through your bag and now nothing's folded and we don't care" slips in them. I guess it's one of those "Welcome to Philadelphia" things that we get used to here.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I'm not trying to defend the TSA because I know that stuff happens sometimes, but I would like to point out the following: The TSA is not the only ones who have access to your bags at the airport.

Yes, we do search them, and yes, we do try to replace items as we find them but if your bag is overpacked then this probably isn't gonig to happen. Also remember that once we're done with the bags, the airlines take control of it and remove it to an area where even we don't have access to. There have been documented cases of airline employees going through passenger bags and stealing items also. In the near future, all TSA activities except private screenings are going to be recorded on video. As far as refolding your clothes go, if we took the time to neatly fold everyone's clothes back the way we found them, nobody's luggage would make it to their destination. After all, you probably spent several minutes packing your bag and we try to spend less than two searching it.

I know it is easiest (and too often, correct) to blame the TSA. They are trying to balance security without offending anybody, which is impossible! Too often, we sacrifice security in the name of customer service and are still blamed for it.

For example, did you know that in the near future, you will not be able to bring any lighters onto to a plane? The TSA did not come up with this, but we are going to be blamed for it. It is part of the recently passed Intelligence Bill. Some congressman got a hair up his behind and decided that Bic-Lighters are a dangerous item to have on an aircraft. He then made it his personal mission to ban them.

I sincerely apologize for the rant, and for taking this thread so far off topic. And PArescueEMT, I am sorry about what happened to your mother and you during your travels.

medic03

Forum Lieutenant
Originally posted by PArescueEMT@Jan 31 2005, 11:54 PM
........and they took my mother's undergarments.
WTF?!!? they stole your mom's underwear? now that's sick. I can see swiping some young 20-something's thong :p but your mom's underwear? what has this world come to..........

OP
OP
R

RibbonRider

Forum Ride Along
Originally posted by Margaritaville@Jan 30 2005, 07:51 PM
I work in MD. On the Eastern Side. Why?
because someone said different areas have different schedules. so i was wondering how it's done in my area (montgomery county).