Live Dispatch

RESCUERANDYEMS

Forum Crew Member
Is there a place that you can see calls that are happening live on a computer. Basically just a general overview of the call the local FD is currently serving? Not Audio though

Lo2w

Forum Captain
Screenshot_2018-02-26-20-48-02.png Screenshot_2018-02-26-20-47-54.png
Is there a place that you can see calls that are happening live on a computer. Basically just a general overview of the call the local FD is currently serving? Not Audio though

Pulse Point?

Lo2w

Forum Captain
Dont you need to be with an Agency to see them though?

No...pulse point is an app primarily designed to alert you when CPR is needed near you if the local FD-EMS is signed on with pulse point. Side benefit is that it lets you see all the calls going on for an agency - which is fun when you're on the truck and get a few minutes heads up before dispatched.

OP
OP
RESCUERANDYEMS

RESCUERANDYEMS

Forum Crew Member
my cit
No...pulse point is an app primarily designed to alert you when CPR is needed near you if the local FD-EMS is signed on with pulse point. Side benefit is that it lets you see all the calls going on for an agency - which is fun when you're on the truck and get a few minutes heads up before dispatched.
My city doesnt have it:/

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Our county fire has a webpage that shows all active calls.

Our highway patrol has the info their 911 call taker receives on all accidents on any highway/freeway in CA.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
It's interesting, City&County EMS here are on pulse point, but it's just them, even when Fire units are attached to calls, you just see the EMS unit listed in the app.

Meanwhile both EMS and Fire Depts use 800mghz radio so there's no public access scanners available to listen in on. I'm not sure if either dept has an online feed of calls, I haven't seen one though.

Generic

Forum Crew Member
Meanwhile both EMS and Fire Depts use 800mghz radio so there's no public access scanners available to listen in on. I'm not sure if either dept has an online feed of calls, I haven't seen one though.

Many types of scanners can pick up 800 MHz frequencies whether they are analog, digital, conventional or trunked. If the frequencies are encrypted, that is another story.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
The short answer is, no, not unless their dispatch center has a set up that streams their cad to a website.

There are some fire buff and news services that might do what you want.

http://breakingnewsnetwork.com/
http://www.1rwn.com/
and there a bunch of regional systems and page out information regarding major incidents (plenty of them in the Boston area, your region might vary)

VentMonkey

Family Guy
//shrugs shoulders// Or you can just wait until you get a job running calls and get paid to go to said calls?...:eek:

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?