Littmann scopes. Anyone that has one, how do u like it?

swindlman

Forum Crew Member
So anyone out there have a Littmann Classic II S.E. or a Littmann Cardiology III? What do you think about them?
I've heard they are both sweet scopes.

I'm looking to upgrade my current cheap scope that i have a hard time with unless it is completely silent where i am, which NEVER happens haha.
Ill be going through to the local paramedic program soon. i know they are no where cheap, but i don't have a problem with it since i look at it as an investment.

reaper

Working Bum
Search is a good thing. You will find at least 100 threads on Littman scopes!

firecoins

IFT Puppet
there both fine scopes

emtfarva

Forum Captain
I had the classic II. I liked it. But I upgraded to the cardiology stc. I like that much better.

colafdp

Forum Lieutenant
i started out with the classic II S.E., but then i upgraded to the Cardiology III and i would never go back to the classic. i absolutely love the Cardiology and can hear WAY more.

Sasha

Forum Chief
I really don't mean to sound snarky, but why do you need a Cardiology steth? Do you plan on diagnosing a heart murmur in the field?

If you can't hear korotkoff sounds with just your basic scope, you may not be listening correctly.

Now I may be a bit hypocritical, owning a Littman Lightweight, but I like the bell shape of it, it was $40, and the sprauges from the scrub shop kept breaking.

emtfarva

Forum Captain
I really don't mean to sound snarky, but why do you need a Cardiology steth? Do you plan on diagnosing a heart murmur in the field?

If you can't hear korotkoff sounds with just your basic scope, you may not be listening correctly.

Now I may be a bit hypocritical, owning a Littman Lightweight, but I like the bell shape of it, it was $40, and the sprauges from the scrub shop kept breaking.

It is not that I can't hear, it is how it blocks out the outside noise. My STC does a much better job of blocking outside noise.

marineman

Forum Asst. Chief
I have a cardiology III that I got as a gift and I still use a sprague when the truck is moving because I get too much background noise to really be confident in my readings. They are both fine scopes but there is no need for a medic to go out and spend the money on the cardiology III. I know I have a Littmann and everyone that has one seems to like their Littmann but if you look around you can get a similar quality in a different brand for half the price.

beta_medic88

Forum Probie
Yeah I have a Classic II S.E. and I really like it. I used a sprague for a while but when I got certified I recieved the Littmann as a gift. It has great sound, it's tough, and seems to block background noise pretty well. Definately a good investment.

OP
OP
swindlman

swindlman

Forum Crew Member
Just got my Classic II S.E. "Black Edition" tonight in the mail and it looks sweet! Cant wait to use it this weekend at clinical's!

alphatrauma

Forum Captain
Just got my Classic II S.E. "Black Edition" tonight in the mail and it looks sweet! Cant wait to use it this weekend at clinical's!

I plan on getting the Master Cardiology Black Edition myself. Am I a Cardiologist, no... can I find something cheaper that works as well, maybe so.

But let's be real about it though... say what you will about practicality and necessity, a hot Littman will make you really really really really really really good looking
:D

7927_zoolander.gif

OP
OP
swindlman

swindlman

Forum Crew Member
HAHAHA! Yes i do have to admit, it looks darn good around the neck right out of the neck!

sir.shocksalot

Forum Captain
I just ordered a new littmann after my last one got stolen :(
I'm going cheap this time, but my Cardiology STC worked wonders.

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
Cardiology III is extremely nice. One thing I do like about this one is it has a Peds and adult diaphragm and bell.

medic417

The Truth Provider
Kila

Here buy one of these. Better price and as good or better sound than littman.

http://www.kila.com/

reaper

Working Bum
I have a new orange KILA, if anyone is looking for one. This was a spare one that I don't need.

AJ Hidell

Forum Deputy Chief
I have a new orange KILA, if anyone is looking for one. This was a spare one that I don't need.
How much experience do you have with the Kilas? They look like quality equipment, and the price is certainly right. I'm curious as to how they actually sound, as well as how well they hold up to field abuse.

reaper

Working Bum
They have great acoustics, actually to much for my ears. I can hear the grass growing with it!!!!

They are heavier then the littman's and are made tough. This thing could withstand a nuke attack!

You just have to get used to the extra weight. If you have any hearing problems, they are excellent scopes!

medic417

The Truth Provider
I prefer my Kila cardiology over my littman.