list of online schools

anthonyccamargo

Forum Probie
Im sure im not the only one who would like to see all the options of online paramedic courses. Can everyone who has knowledge of the different online schools post the names of them, as well as reviews or course details. It be nice not only for myself to have a list of options but everyone else as well. Thanks guys

OP
OP
A

anthonyccamargo

Forum Probie
Theres no need to be a smarta $$. If you dont want to contribute something that has to do with the thread stay off of it

rails

Forum Lieutenant
Premium Member
Here are some to get you started:

PERCOM - Their online paramedic school is generally very well regarded. Only real criticism spoken about them is that the administration is allegedly overloaded and slow to respond to emails.

TEEX - They have a hybrid school. You spend about 13 weeks in College Station, Texas to do the in-person classroom component (then clinicals come afterward). Their NREMT pass rate fluctuates but tends to be a little on the low side.

Training Division - ???. I heard that they stopped offering their (mostly online) paramedic program. Allegedly this was due to issues, but that's completely from the grapevine.

There may be other online options of which I am unaware. There are a bunch of hybrid programs out there, as well, some better than others. Good luck in your search.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Oh, was it not helpful? Were you not looking for online paramedic schools? Would you like me to revise that search for you? I assumed since you were unable to search for the information yourself, I would assist you. I thought it was quite generous. There ain't no need for name callin'.

Last edited by a moderator:

rails

Forum Lieutenant
Premium Member
Thanks rails I have never heard of that lasr one.

Yeah, Training Division is a little bit controversial among some. There is an allegation that it doesn't really teach students as much, and some FTOs at various EMS agencies have criticized the program. 'Course, some people praise Training Division.

polisciaggie

Forum Crew Member
Yeah, Training Division is a little bit controversial among some. There is an allegation that it doesn't really teach students as much, and some FTOs at various EMS agencies have criticized the program. 'Course, some people praise Training Division.

I don't think Training Division is offering Paramedic courses anymore because they decided not to go through with the accreditation process, or knew they couldn't get through the process depending on who you speak to.

UnkiEMT

Forum Truck Monkey
Premium Member
Training Division isn't offering the 'medic now, The official reason is that the law in Texas changed so schools need to be CAMTS certified (?, could be a different cert, I can't rightly remember), and there was a long waiting list to get the inspections done, which as an online school they were at the bottom of. Personally, I doubt they could pass the inspection.

If, I'm wrong, and they start offering it again: I think the major difference between TD and the other online options is that TD is much more of a patch mill, so they do less verification that you're really learning the material, but if you're willing to put in the effort to learn it, the resources are there for you to do so.

That being said, iirc TD actually has a decent NREMT pass rate (can't remember an exact number off the top of my head), I just imagine that the bad students are REALLY bad.

polisciaggie

Forum Crew Member
Training Division isn't offering the 'medic now, The official reason is that the law in Texas changed so schools need to be CAMTS certified (?, could be a different cert, I can't rightly remember), and there was a long waiting list to get the inspections done, which as an online school they were at the bottom of. Personally, I doubt they could pass the inspection.

It's the CAAHEP accreditation. It wasn't a Texas thing, but a NREMT requirement that after the first of last year all Paramedic students must graduate from an accredited course to sit for the NR exam.

It shouldn't have mattered that they were an online school as PERCOM was able to gain accreditation without difficulty. My bet is that they didn't want to make the monetary investment.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Lenoir Community College has one.