Lifeline Medical Transport (Ventura Co.)

FoleyArtist

More murse than medic now...
https://ventura.craigslist.org/hea/5966207080.html

i was cruising Craigslist bored in class and saw this. I'm not in the market for a job but I just wanted to create discussion on the subject; how are they and who they are. Ive always been curious about them and there's next to little information on them here. I know they mostly get mixed up with Lifeline LA/OC in conversation.

As far as i know they do 911 for ojai, and when i used to work in LA Co. i'd see them all the time at kaiser sunset or kaiser woodland hills. Their website looks primitive but has decent info. They work a 48/96 a 24hr kelley schedule or a fronthalf/backhalf alternating weds 12 hr shift. It all sounds great to me if i was a potential applicant but does anyone have insight to the company, pay, morale, pros/cons to working there? does it still have that family feel?

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
It's a very small good company. You will definitely get some good stuff working with them. They are the only non amr affiliated company in Ventura County.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
It's a small operation, with little aspirations of changing that. It used to be called Ojai Ambulance, and even since the name change, they don't cover much more than that.

They also have the Kaiser contract for Ventura County. They have (or had...Been a while) an IFT station in thousand oaks. This is where the units you saw at Kaiser Woodland hills and Sunset come from. They also have a pretty good fix on the CCT game.

Pay: On par.
Morale: What you'd expect from a mom and pop. Some people will be there for ever, some people just come and go.
Their primary station is in downtown Ventura. It's an older Victorian house that's beautiful in a beautiful part of town off the beach. The house next door is the management office. The station in Ojai is backfilled by units from the Ventura station. Lifeline also has quite a large response area. Everything from Ojai to the Santa Barbara and Kern county lines north. This means a lot of off road rescues and motorcycle crashes in the hills. There's a small community hospital in Ojai that they can transport to, but anything case specific has to come down the hill.

Also, the ops manager works part time as an EMT instructor at the college. If you want in, this is your best bet. They prefer to hire new grads than experienced people with bad habits. He told me that's actually why he does the skills instructor job; recognizance.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk