liberty ambulance

Acej10

Forum Probie
Just got hired by them since being laid off by elite amb. Any one have any comments on this company? I read alot of reviews on basically all the emt companies and very little were good. So, if you work there or have worked there if like your thoughts

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Just got hired by them since being laid off by elite amb. Any one have any comments on this company? I read alot of reviews on basically all the emt companies and very little were good. So, if you work there or have worked there if like your thoughts
Take a look at the previous forums. Use the search box. They are FAR frim good.

DrBuffman

Forum Ride Along
Hey Ace, I'm applying to this company in Tarzana but the HR lady told me they need a weekend guy.. I'm thinking of doing it since I wipe asses at this geriatric home. Any helpful experiance seeing your went to though this a bit ago. How's the interview? Is there a test with the interview?

RHINO

Forum Ride Along
Liberty is an IFT company that advertises false hiring advertisements. They lie that they will work with your school schedule, THATS a LIE!! They DONT!! This company lies and this is from a Paramedic view. From a EMT view an one who gets hired here you will be ran on IFT call and treated like ****!! PTO is given but when you want to use it its almost never given. At this company forget about RAISES or Holiday pay, you dont get any. They try to say you get so many PTO Hour BUT ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO GET THE DAYS U NEED. O' by the way they will pay you in a hard check, so you will have to go to one of your STATIONS AND PICK UP YOUR CHECK. THIS IS 21 MOTHER F N CENTURY GOOD LUCK , MEDICS WORKING HERE. THE AVERAGE MEDIC PAY IN LA COUNTY IS $25.00 HOUR , F ,THEM!!!

toyskater86

Forum Lieutenant
I've seen them drive around code 3 a lot in the San Fernando valley not sure if their ALS or CCT or BLS

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
I've seen them drive around code 3 a lot in the San Fernando valley not sure if their ALS or CCT or BLS
Well for many reaons. One being the contract for Providence which requires code 3 responses for AMI, stroke, bleed transfers. Kaiser request code 3 alot out of their clinics and urgent cares instead of calling 911. Or transfer of stroke patients, cath patients to Kaiser Sunset.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

toyskater86

Forum Lieutenant
Got it... sounds like it would be better exposure for medics that just want to work in la county ... I would assume the same goes for PRN since they also work with kaiser

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Got it... sounds like it would be better exposure for medics that just want to work in la county ... I would assume the same goes for PRN since they also work with kaiser
Yea. That's why when Bowers was around you saw Bowers going code alot. Vernon 911, back up calls from other departments, USC, Kaiser and when they had it, providence.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Waayy back when I was at PRN I do remember hearing a few code 3 calls being dispatched to ALS units out of Kaiser clinics and the like....maybe the same frequency CCT units got code 3 calls? Though I never got one when I picked up an ALS shift, and after bidding into a CCT shift only got 1 of those....granted this was back in 2013 lol

wtferick

Forum Captain
I use to always see bowers going code 3 out of P.I.H of Downey. Wonder if they were transferring to Kaiser?

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Kaiser Sunset sounds rather Kevorkian.

DME107

Forum Probie

I started as an emt at liberty. Honestly my experience was pretty good. In the beginning my schedule sucked but with time and getting to know people you can and will get a better schedule. As for management.... Well it's an ift company and management sucks. I never had an issue with getting time off. Just make sure you request it far in advance. That's just common sense but not for some people. If you have any specific questions feel free to contact me. I still know plenty of people there if your gonna work in the sfv.