• Before posting in this section, please take a moment and review our EMS Job Posting Guidelines.

Liberty Ambulance Kern County Hiring EMTs and Paramedics

Status
Not open for further replies.

LACoGurneyjockey

Forum Asst. Chief
Liberty Ambulance located in Kern County is hiring for EMT and Paramedic positions. The job opening is ongoing and has no expiration date. To apply please contact the office at 760-375-9545 during normal business hours, or PM me here for more details or questions.
Pay is $11/hr for EMTs on a 72/96hr schedule. Starting medics make high 60s a year without OT.
Schedules are 72 on 96 off, 96 on 72 off with per diem also available.
Benefits are competitive for the region.

Liberty Ambulance is a great place to gain experience as an EMT or Medic. We cover a largely rural area with several small towns and a city of 50k people. We run a wide variety of calls, as well as many high acuity calls. We cover a very sick population who don't seek medical care until it becomes an emergency. You won't be running homeless people day and night like you might in a metro system. Supervision is supportive of employees and management is actively working to make this a better place to work.
For medics, transport times are frequently up to an hour or more to get to a specialty center, allowing you to run through the entirety of our decent protocols, and forcing you to really think as a provider.
For EMTs, you will get to attend BLS calls while your medic partner drives, and a BLS ambulance is available to handle lower acuity 911 calls.
Equipment is frequently updated. We carry autopulses and video laryngoscopes.
Units are regularly maintained and replaced.
There is support for EMTs looking to go to medic school, including custom schedules and sponsored internships.

For more information feel free to PM me here or call the main office at 760-375-9545.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Good memories of Ridgecrest, Burroughs High School, my first EMT class @ Cerro Coso, etc. Kern County protocols, right?

Any opportunities for leadership?

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Pay is $11/hr for EMTs on a 72/96hr schedule. Starting medics make high 60s a year without OT.
Damn, so EMTs make about 22,000 a year to start, while medics make about 33/hr.......Do your EMTs qualify for foodstamps too?

I know EMTs in California are a dime a dozen, but that's below the living wage for a single adult in California (at least according to http://livingwage.mit.edu/counties/06029) , and forget it if you have a wife or a child.

OP
OP
LACoGurneyjockey

LACoGurneyjockey

Forum Asst. Chief
Damn, so EMTs make about 22,000 a year to start, while medics make about 33/hr.......Do your EMTs qualify for foodstamps too?

I know EMTs in California are a dime a dozen, but that's below the living wage for a single adult in California (at least according to http://livingwage.mit.edu/counties/06029) , and forget it if you have a wife or a child.
You did your math on a 40hr work week. I posted the schedule. EMTs do not make $22k a year.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Are they still paying13/24 plus hours worked for EMT and hour for hour for medics?

Bullets

Forum Knucklehead
You work for 3 days straight and then 4 days straight? In a station? Whats the volume like?

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
you're right, my rough numbers were based on a 40 hour week.... using your 72/96 schedule, you work 40 hours at straight time, and 32 hours of OT every week? how much does a starting EMT make per year?

you said paramedics make 60k not counting any OT.... Assuming they are on the same schedule as EMTs, how much do they make a year with their built in OT?

OP
OP
LACoGurneyjockey

LACoGurneyjockey

Forum Asst. Chief
Medics make high 60s on their base schedule, EMTs make high 30s low 40s last time I asked.
And yes, 40hrs straight time and the either 32 of 56 hours time and a half every week.

SanJoseEmt

Forum Crew Member
Liberty Ambulance located in Kern County is hiring for EMT and Paramedic positions. The job opening is ongoing and has no expiration date. To apply please contact the office at 760-375-9545 during normal business hours, or PM me here for more details or questions.

Liberty Ambulance is a great place to gain experience as an EMT or Medic. We cover a largely rural area with several small towns and a city of 50k people. We run a wide variety of calls, as well as many high acuity calls. We cover a very sick population who don't seek medical care until it becomes an emergency. You won't be running homeless people day and night like you might in a metro system. Supervision is supportive of employees and management is actively working to make this a better place to work.
For medics, transport times are frequently up to an hour or more to get to a specialty center, allowing you to run through the entirety of our decent protocols, and forcing you to really think as a provider.
For EMTs, you will get to attend BLS calls while your medic partner drives, and a BLS ambulance is available to handle lower acuity 911 calls.
Equipment is frequently updated. We carry autopulses and video laryngoscopes.
Units are regularly maintained and replaced.
There is support for EMTs looking to go to medic school, including custom schedules and sponsored internships.

For more information feel free to PM me here or call the main office at 760-375-9545.

do they hire part-time? i want to go to community college while working as an emt

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
do they hire part-time? i want to go to community college while working as an emt
Unfortunately the OP passed away not too long ago so he will not be able to provide you with information and I don’t believe we have anyone else on the form who works for them.

The odds are they do hire part time.

SanJoseEmt

Forum Crew Member
Unfortunately the OP passed away not too long ago so he will not be able to provide you with information and I don’t believe we have anyone else on the form who works for them.

The odds are they do hire part time.

I didn’t know, that breaks my heart

SanJoseEmt

Forum Crew Member
I called a few days ago and they said all their EMT per Diem spots are filled.

Do you know about their full-time openings for EMT?

Only if you are okay to respond, do you know about any other 911 ambulance companies in Kern County or near there?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.