let's remodel the world in red tape.

c-spine

Forum Lieutenant
So I sent in for my state license 2 months ago. I've talked to people who said they've gotten it back in as little as 2 weeks, and as long as a month. I'm getting frustrated, so I called the state's department of health/ems stuff. Know what I get? An answering machine. Well... at least we know the concerns of the public are *getting* there. <_<

I'm not sure what red tape thing they've got going on... but how long did you all have to wait for your licenses?

gradygirl

TROUBLE
Sara, I had to fight for my cert. I kept calling the state office and getting the answering machine for the license woman, so I kept leaving messages, all of which remained unanswered. Finally I got in touch with someone, only to find out that my NR information "hadn't been received"...my butt, someone had misplaced it. So, I had to call NR and have them fax over the information to the state office. After another few weeks of not hearing, I called them back, finding out that they had, that day, finalized everything.

Basically, here was the time frame: took the Reg mid January, got my license at the end of April. :wacko:

Just keep hounding them. :)

smart kid

Forum Probie
I took the state practical skills exam, had to wait about a week and a half, then I took the state written. In Mass. you get your ticket right after you pass the test. I guess it all depends on what state your dealing with. Of course Mass doesn't accept the National Registry.

MariaCatEMT

Forum Asst. Chief
I got my results and certification about 8-9 days after testing....this is in IL for the state exam.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Wow! Impatient little things aren't we?... When I took mine, it took a minimum of 6 - 8 weeks.. (of course they had to chisel the card out of stone..LOL) .

I have a friend who just completed his bar exam, predicted to take at least 2-3 months for results... ( Yes, the hand grade them . the old fashion way) See things could be worse...

Good luck on your results...

R/r 911

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
Ridryder911 said:
I have a friend who just completed his bar exam, predicted to take at least 2-3 months for results... ( Yes, the hand grade them . the old fashion way) See things could be worse...

Same deal. He took the Bar Exam, and they won't get the results until the second week of *November* at the earliest.

Sara: I took my NR, and got the results about 6 weeks later. I ran down to the county offices as soon as I did my "Live Scan" (CA DOJ background crap - $50 a pop) and had them take my photo. My county card showed up in the mail within 10 working days.

Relax. I don't think Wisconsin is a county-by-county system. If I want to get my card in another county, *cha ching!* that'll be $50 please! Our agency is based in Santa Clara County, and we can work in other counties, but if we *deploy* out of another county for any reason, we need certification in that county as well.

There are 9 counties that surround San Francisco Bay. I might need to obtain county cards for each county at some point.

Ok, i'm totally off topic now. Sorry about that. Must have been the beers. :)

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I took my test/practicals in August and didn't get the results until some time in October. It was annoying, yes, but I've gotten used to waiting for test results.

soon2bemt

Forum Crew Member
from time i submitted my paperwork to the time i received my license-a week.....

OP
OP
c-spine

c-spine

Forum Lieutenant
I got all my test results and my NREMT certification... but I sent in for my state license 2 months ago. It's frustrating!! I've got a first responder group i'm a part of but I can have NO patient contact until I've got my state license in hand. -.-'