Votes: 25 65.8%
  • Lefty

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Ambidextrous

Votes: 6 15.8%

• Total voters

Medic9

Forum Lieutenant
I would like to have a poll on here. How many of you are left handed vs. right handed. When I joined the Army way back in 1990 and got to my job training as Military Police I noticed there were quite a few left handers. Since then I have watched people in the medical fields and law enforcement and noticed the large number of left handed people working in those fields.
So can you all humor me and do this?
Thanks!!!

colafdp

Forum Lieutenant
i myself am a righty...i only know of 2 people at my service that are lefties.

Buzz

Forum Captain
I'm completely ambidextrous. There's no clear favorite between hands, so I generally go for whichever is closer if I have to grab something. My handwriting in my left and right hands doesn't vary at all, aside from a slight lean to either side.

jazminestar

Forum Crew Member
ha!! i'm left handed! :) well i'm ambidextrous but i do the majority of my writing with my left hand......and i don't write like upside down like a lot of left handers do.....-_-

mikeylikesit

Candy Striper
I am a right hand man all the way...please post(or JON) post the poll to make things easier.

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm completely ambidextrous. There's no clear favorite between hands, so I generally go for whichever is closer if I have to grab something. My handwriting in my left and right hands doesn't vary at all, aside from a slight lean to either side.

Me too! Apparently it is often a symptom of dslexia to be ambidextrous. I had a heck of a time growing up learning left from right because a teacher told me, 'Right is the hand you write with' and I wrote equally well with both. I do tend to write primarily with the right, but I eat almost exclusively with my left. That's because at the dinner table with my multitude of siblings, I got to sit next to my left handed brother. Eating with my left hand meant we didn't knock elbows.

karaya

EMS Paparazzi
Premium Member
I am left, but my politics are more to the right.

mdkemt

Forum Lieutenant
I am ambidextrous! Mainly write with my left hand because of teachers in school forcing me to write with my right hand only but I can write and do anything with right or left! Doesn't make a difference to me in the least!

MDKEMT

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I created an actual poll so it's easier to view the results :)

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Where is ambidextrous?
The ability to administer D50 with either hand :)

MMiz - just use FireFox... it is included.

I'm right-handed, but left-eye dominant. I shoot pistols right handed, but with my left eye... I shoot rifle/shotgun with my left hand.

MJordan2121

Forum Crew Member
Lucky Me

I can write with both hands, quality of writing is the same. I can also use a baseball bat with either side and shoot a basketball with both. Guess if I break one arm, I'm in luck. :)

Amill

Forum Ride Along
I'm right handed but my left hand is still pretty strong. Not ambidextrous like my dad or my brother but still not bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

wolfwyndd

Forum Captain
I ANSWERED lefty, but I'm actually more ambidextrous. About the only thing I actually do with my left hand every time is write. Beyond that I used both hands equally for tasks.

OP
OP
M

Medic9

Forum Lieutenant
Okay if you all haven't figured it out I am a lefty and like I said in the original post I am curious about the numbers. Most leftys use both hands but write with the left. We have had to adapt to a world designed for right-handed people. One good thing for us is doing intubations. We are able to use our dominate hand which is usually stronger to lift.
My quest continues! :)

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
Medic, I put ambidextrous because while I write with my right, I do nearly everything else with my left. In fact, after they mentioned in class handling the scope with the left, I realized I did it naturally, and couldn't even fathom how you'd manage with your right. Also, my left hand and arm is the stronger one.