Last Min EVOC Help

rescue341

Forum Ride Along
Hey guys,

So I have manged to get thrown into a EVOC, despite me successfully avoiding driving the rig for years (not out of laziness but rather it worries me alot the thought of driving something that big). when I say I got throw in I mean thrown in the class starts Fri. So on to the questions

1) i have to find a book "EMS Driving: The Safe Way" with the class being FRI I cant simply order it off ebay all of shipping times ive found would be too late. Does anyone know where I could find it in a PDF or Ebook style or even scans would help out alot. I don't want to be that guy who shows up with out a book.

2) any tips on driving the rig? the only cars I have ever owned is T-Birds and a Delta 88 so I have zero experience driving anything bigger then a car and not being able to see out the back. So any tips would be greatly appreciated

Thanks guys and stay safe

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
2) Don't hit ****.
This.

The biggest thing to get used to is the wider turning radius and being considerate of the person in the back. Other than that, it isn't hard. Use your mirrors. Don't be Paul Walker around turns. Use common sense.

Unless your class requires it, forget the book. They will show you the basics.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
If you have only ever driven cars in your life then you may have a learning curve. If you have driven or currently drive a full sized truck or SUV then it will be no different.