Last call of the day is....

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
And go! As of now I am off so I got nothing.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
My last call was tuesday afternoon, possible HHNK

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
An elderly lady who pushed her life alert because she had a few too many brews and "wanted to see how quick y'all could get here".

OP
OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
An elderly lady who pushed her life alert because she had a few too many brews and "wanted to see how quick y'all could get here".
For real bro? Damn... You see dude people should get a civil citation for abusing 911.

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Lol me too. I always say its a bad thing when my meter gives me a greeting instead of a number

OP
OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
IFT Baker Act due to lack of pediatric facility at originating hospital.

OP
OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
Generalized pain 10/10... 15 minutes later, "hows the pain?", "still 10/10"... Keep in mind speaking full sentences and all. "Hey what makes the pain subside?", "Medication."...

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
ETOH who is altered wanting me to bypass the closest hospital (2 miles away) and go to one 20 miles away. He wasn't very happy when I flat out told him that's not going to happen

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief
ETOH who is altered wanting me to bypass the closest hospital (2 miles away) and go to one 20 miles away. He wasn't very happy when I flat out told him that's not going to happen
What is regional policy about choosing hospitals? In GA, one service will take you to any hospital within 50 miles (which is kinda crazy, I think).

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Last call for me last night was a vehicle rollover. Driver self extricated with no injuries, passenger unconscious with multiple lower extremity fx.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
What is regional policy about choosing hospitals? In GA, one service will take you to any hospital within 50 miles (which is kinda crazy, I think).
As long as the hospital is the closest and the most appropriate is the regional policy. Company policy is usually patient preference but the medic has the overall decision.

A drunk altered patient is going to the closest hospital because that is the hospital that is best suited for them. I am not going to travel 20 miles away into a city we do not cover when there is a perfectly good hospital less than 2 miles away in the current city we are in.

We also have an ambulance diversion protocol where if a hospital is on bed delay and we have a patient who wants to go to that hospital we will either take them to a different hospital or they will sign out AMA.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Wildland fire standby. Cancelled before we left the station, deputies arrived and advised that "the caller confused the moon shining with trees being on fire."

OP
OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
ETOH patient that was extremely vulgar but I managed to pacify him and we had a good transport to the ER.