Laptops

Patrick Hawkins

Forum Ride Along
Hey Everyone,
My rescue division is looking to upgrade are current laptops. There is many options out there. I'm looking for some input on which way to go. A newer tough book? or a tablet?

thanks in advance

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I really like the CF2 toughbooks, we use them down here and they are fast enough to do what we need and hold up well

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
We're using iPads now. HUGE improvement.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
We use motion tablets which are very durable and acceptable to work on. We have mounts in back and the cab along with plugin keyboards as well. They work fine for charting and demographics, but I prefer to sync and write the bulk of the report on a desktop. We will probably go to ipads next given the cost savings, however.

I don't mind the newer toughbooks but the small keys are no fun.

res1551cue

Forum Crew Member
In the recent years, iPads, Galaxy Tabs, Microsoft Surface tablets have become more popular. There are various different companies out there that make tough, mil spec cases that protect them from the elements as well as drops. One thing I like is the Panasonic Toughbook which now also comes in a tablet version. It really all depends on price and options that you/company are looking for.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I really like the CF2 toughbooks, we use them down here and they are fast enough to do what we need and hold up well
Seconded.

We have CF-52s for our MCTs and they work well as well, just too bulky to take inside a scene and isn't protected like a tough book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk