Knotts Admission

ITBITB13

Forum Lieutenant
is knotts still offering us private Ambulance EMTs free admission? The fire & police days start today FYI. But in the fine print it says our certification / license has to have some sort of fire affiliation.

We used to be able to make our state card and driver license work. Can anyone confirm it still does?

OP
OP
I

ITBITB13

Forum Lieutenant
Photo ID is absolutely required and must specifically reference Fire or Law Enforcement duty.

The following are NOT ELIGIBLE for this promotion:
  • Employees with government- ONLY ID (not specifically referring to fire or law enforcement agency)

I don’t want to show up and look like a fool when I get turned down at the gate.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

• American Red Cross Employees or volunteers
  • Nurses
  • Employees with government- ONLY ID (not specifically referring to fire or law enforcement agency)
  • California Conservation Corps
  • Private ambulance companies - Administrative employees
  • Private law office employees
  • Private security firms/offices
  • Reserve or volunteer fire or law enforcement without valid photo ID
  • Retired Fire and Police
  • US Armed Forces Military Police
I went last year with the girlfriend and we were both able to get in even though I work at a private ambulance company so who knows.

OP
OP
I

ITBITB13

Forum Lieutenant

• American Red Cross Employees or volunteers
  • Nurses
  • California Conservation Corps
  • Private ambulance companies - Administrative employees
  • Private law office employees
  • Private security firms/offices
  • Reserve or volunteer fire or law enforcement without valid photo ID
  • Retired Fire and Police
  • US Armed Forces Military Police
I went last year with the girlfriend and we were both able to get in even though I work at a private ambulance company so who knows.

I went last year as well. Several times. Correct me if I’m wrong, but this fine print is different from last year. Looks like that government only ID bulletpoint refers to those of us with only a state EMT card and nothing else.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Don’t know. I didn’t read anything last year. We just kinda decided last minute to go and luckily I had my ID in my truck.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Sounds like you should actually speak to someone before you make the trip... Let me help you out:

KNOTT'S BERRY FARM

8039 Beach Boulevard
Buena Park CA 90620

Our Guest Services team can be reached at (714) 220-5200 from 8 AM - 6 PM Pacific Time. Hold times may be in excess of 30 minutes during periods of high call volume. Guest Services may also be reached via email at info@knotts.com. Please allow up to two business days for a reply through email.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
I got in last year with my CA EMT card and my AMR ID.

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
This is 100% untrue. All EMTs, paramedics, firefighters, LEOs, etc are allowed. The only stipulation regarding private ambulance employees is non-paramedic/EMT administrators.

Also RNs are not included.

All you need is a CA EMT or Paramedic card.

I don't know why this is so difficult for people, every year.

Last edited:

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
I don't know why this is so difficult for people, every year.
probably because the rules make no mention of EMS providers who work in private ambulance services, with the exception of stating that private ambulance employees who are in administrative capacities are not eligible.

check for yourself https://www.knotts.com/play/events/fire-and-law-enforcement-tribute-days

In case you didn't see, it very clearly says EMTs "ARE ELIGIBLE, provided they have fire or law enforcement ID"

it also says "Photo ID is absolutely required and must specifically reference Fire or Law Enforcement duty. "