King County, they can't be that good, can they?

Luno

OG
Premium Member
They must of doctored their numbers, not sure how they did it this time.... ;)

COVINGTON, Wash -- A Covington teenager suffered a heart attack in the woods last Monday. His friends, using CPR and some quick thinking, saved his life.

Brandon Hooper collapsed near Greenwater on Monday, and after more than 2 hours of CPR, he's made a miraculous recovery.

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Friends-save-Covington-teen-using-CPR-122378084.html

samiam

Amazing Member
I don't know about you but after a few cycles, my form and compressions are definitely not a good/effective. CPR is tiring.

WolfmanHarris

Forum Asst. Chief
Must have been a very dynamic arrest. I'm thinking two hour transport with multiple rearrests.

Unfortunately the way it's reported reinforces the faint hope expectations we sometimes see among the public. Whether it be CPR or cancer we like to remember the extreme cases and believe that there's always a chance.

Last edited by a moderator:

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
Selling Points

Unfortunately the way it's reported reinforces the faint hope expectations we sometimes see among the public. ...we like to remember the extreme cases and believe that there's always a chance.

Don't forget, it is this very perception that keeps us in business. On one level, that's what we are, Miracles on Wheels! Door-to-Door. We thrive on the illusion that something can be done once we get there. If there is a CHANCE, we can provide it.

Take away the illusion and there's no us.

And of course that's ridiculous but you know what? That illusion is the most important element that we have to sell.

Why>? because they really don't pay a lot of attention to all the vital things we really DO deliver!

medicsb

Forum Asst. Chief
Doctoring numbers? That's an extremely serious allegation in the world of research. There are multiple government agencies that would interesting in any evidence you have to support your claim...

In the past year, the Mayo Clinic's Mayo One coded a guy for 96 minutes. He made a full neurological recovery. It will be interesting to hear the final outcome. Though, I would be surprised if he makes a full neurological recovery, but hopefully he does.

OP
OP
Luno

Luno

OG
Premium Member
Doctoring numbers? That's an extremely serious allegation in the world of research. There are multiple government agencies that would interesting in any evidence you have to support your claim...

No evidence, just sarcasm... based on some recent threads re: v-fib rates, it's a good system, and has it's faults as well, but from what I've seen working in this system, they are very proactive with studies and collecting/tracking data.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
LUNO!!! Good to see you again.

King County has the best numbers in the nation... although Wake County is trying to catch up.