Kern County Accreditation

ETOH

Forum Ride Along
Hello all, my friend and I both just got hired as Paramedics in Kern County. I was hired at Hall and start next week, he was hired somewhere else (can't remember the name.) He just called me nervous about an accreditation test he has to take in a week. I haven't heard anything about this test or course I have to take. Any Hall Ambulance employees out there that can fill me in? Thank you in advance.

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
Don't stress. Not even a little bit. You WILL NOT FAIL ;-), seriously I think they told me one person ever failed in the history of Kern County EMS.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Don't stress. Not even a little bit. You WILL NOT FAIL ;-), seriously I think they told me one person ever failed in the history of Kern County EMS.
Maybe liberty in ridgecrest.

marshmallow22

Forum Crew Member
Study your destinations and triage material for that county, otherwise it's pretty standard medic material. They review the questions you miss and discuss with you the reasoning behind the answers, so as stated before it's really just a review of THEIR protocols. They are extremely nice and welcoming. NO reason to stress because they won't fail you. Doesn't mean you don't need to know your material for your provider. Keep in mind that in Kern county you may be the only medic on scene of some pretty horrific things (MVA's, farming accidents, small plane crashes, MI's in the middle of nowhere, etc) so you better know your stuff. Hope this helps.

atropine

Forum Captain
Great place to work, I did my field internship out there, good calls, and long transports, you would actually see lasix work way before you made it to the er.

Napkins

Forum Ride Along
Etoh?

ETOH,

I think you should learn how to be a good medic before you go work for hall. And that name is horrible...

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
ETOH,

I think you should learn how to be a good medic before you go work for hall. And that name is horrible...

Actually Hall is where I learned how to be a good medic. My FTO taught me more than my preceptors, Kern County and Hall specifically made me the medic I am today. If it wasn't 200 miles from my house, and I didn't want a family, I would still be there.

Edit: I would tell any new medic, especially one educated in SoCal, to go to Hall for awhile, unbelievable experiences and you can't find another system like it within a thousand miles(well, at least 500).

Last edited by a moderator: