~S~

Carpe Diem

Forum Crew Member
Dang MAC, it is not compatible, I cant view it:wacko:

Last edited by a moderator:

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I think there's enough blame to hand out to everyone involved, from the president to the governor to the mayor to the residents that didn't evacuate.

Pointing fingers at one person is NOT going to prevent this from happening again, no matter how much you dislike the person.

Or you might prefer this article about Gov. Blanco

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Stevo

Stevo

Forum Asst. Chief
i disagree.

holding our governance accountable for our safety and security is what we should be doing.

now it's one thing to be inept, it's entirely another to be deceptive about these matters

that's how the vid and writeup ( google more up if you'd like) paints these people we have in power

they could care less about the little guy, and guess what? that'll be me and you when a natural disaster OR terrorist act comes to our shores

~S~

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Stevo said:
i disagree.

holding our governance accountable for our safety and security is what we should be doing.

now it's one thing to be inept, it's entirely another to be deceptive about these matters

that's how the vid and writeup ( google more up if you'd like) paints these people we have in power

they could care less about the little guy, and guess what? that'll be me and you when a natural disaster OR terrorist act comes to our shores

~S~

I agree with you about this, but my point was that it was ALL levels of government that failed. Local and state governments failed to enforce a mandatory evacuation in time, and didn't have the resources for it if they did. Also, the state goverment delayed asking for help from the federal government. The federal goverment response had several flaws.

Everything about the CYA phase disgusts me, from the mayor blaming everyone but his government to the governor NOT asking for federal assistance and then blaming them for their "lack of response" to FEMA's mismanaged response.

OP
OP
Stevo

Stevo

Forum Asst. Chief
that's a big 10-4 ffemt8978

you know, i ask myself a lot what makes this better? what happens next time? and i see no viable solution other than making some noise about it

imho, the measure of a nation is how it takes care of it's people, now i say this not as a BHL, i believe in a hand up is by far more apropriate than a hand out

yet WE are literally that hand up out there, and if we aren't accomodated to deal with the Katrinas (and according to Hanson of nasa, there will probably be more Katrinas) then it should be public knowledge

~S~