Just wanted to share!

enjoynz

Lady Enjoynz
Some of you know me...but most of you probably don't...however, I just wanted to share something with you all.
I've just finished writing a short story for a writer's competition here in New Zealand...but the subject I decided to write about is a bit of a taboo EMS subject...PTSD.
I set the scene for this story on a busy motorway system in the largest city in NZ, Auckland.
This MCI involves many vehicles including a school bus, so yes it gets a bit messy.
I'm very happy with the result, as is an Intensive Care Paramedic friend, who has helped me by proofreading my manuscript. (She had nothing but praise - for the way I had written it.) :)
My only regret about writing on this topic was..... I had to condense it to under 3000 words...when I had so much more to say!
Although I can't tell you more about the story, given it is entered into a competition...I will leave you with the last sentence!

'This story was written for all the Emergency Personnel suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder – You are not forgotten!'

Cheers Joy

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Well where can we read it?!

And PS. I'm engaged, and not to creepy goth girl either ;)

OP
OP
enjoynz

enjoynz

Lady Enjoynz
Well where can we read it?!

And PS. I'm engaged, and not to creepy goth girl either ;)

I have a online friend in PA (He has just become a Vollie FF/EMT recently, lol) and he is going to read the story on his YouTube Channel
once the writing competition is over. (Also remember it is set in NZ, so some of the terms we use are different.)
I'll have to post it in the advertising section on this site though - re the Mod rules....so keep an eye out for it at the end of Nov/Dec. :)

Congrats on the engagement - about time....hee,hee!

Last edited:

squirrel15

Forum Captain
Sometimes shorter is better. I cant wait to read it. What is the competition for? I think PTSD in all first responders is taboo like it was for soldiers for such a long time. At some point the world and everyone will realize PTSD can affect anyone not just soldiers, not just first responders, not just refugees, but anyone, anywhere, with traumatic past.

OP
OP
enjoynz

enjoynz

Lady Enjoynz
Sometimes shorter is better. I cant wait to read it. What is the competition for? I think PTSD in all first responders is taboo like it was for soldiers for such a long time. At some point the world and everyone will realize PTSD can affect anyone not just soldiers, not just first responders, not just refugees, but anyone, anywhere, with traumatic past.
The competition is an open writers short story competition - top price is $400... which would come in handy for this poor author..lol
I'm glad you'd like to hear the story...that is cool...thank you and thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

squirrel15

Forum Captain
The competition is an open writers short story competition - top price is $400... which would come in handy for this poor author..lol
I'm glad you'd like to hear the story...that is cool...thank you and thank you for taking the time to comment. :)
I doubt you're poor, we all get into ems for the money :D