Just a random question

mp5dude

Forum Probie
In order to apply for lets say, the Madison Fire department, would I have to jerk around with Fire Fighting stuff (FF1/2,etc) to even think about applying to be JUST a medic?

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Not wanting to jerk around with Firefighting to be a Paramedic? Brown likes you already :D

JPINFV

Gadfly
It doesn't look like it...

http://www.cityofmadison.com/fire/recruitment/FAQ.cfm

As an aside, am I the only one who's getting sick and tired of EMS agencies playing up the "6 months of intensive medical training." I'm starting to wish I can give an invite for people to see what 6 months of intensive medical training looks like.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
In order to apply for lets say, the Madison Fire department, would I have to jerk around with Fire Fighting stuff (FF1/2,etc) to even think about applying to be JUST a medic?

I wish my department would do that! <_< Jump on it if you can! It seems like the norm is you do have to be a firefighter to be on a box that's a part of the FD. (Atleast that's how most the departments I know of down here in Tx are)

Brown, don't listen to him! I appreciate the depth you add..... :p

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for your always-insightful posts that add so much depth to every thread.

"Getting your medic" just to be a hose-monkey is alright in your eyes, then?

goodgrief

Forum Lieutenant
I was once told that around here the key to always getting assigned to the ambulance is to just have your Fire Fighter 1 training because to fight fire you need to be at least a level 2, so if you never get level 2, you can still be a FF Medic, who just happens to always get the ambulance assignment :)

You wont ever get promoted, but you will always be avail for little ol ladies who fall but arent on fire. B)