Jobs outside of NY

medic03

Forum Lieutenant
Hello all and good morning. I just got off my shift at aviation (no hitter for once!) and I was thinking about poss. jobs outside of new york. It's just too damn expensive to live here on a medics pay when your single. I was wondering how u guys and gals are making out in the rest of the states. Anyone know of any flight medic jobs maybe down south or west that pay pretty good? I'm a FP-C and I currently work doing 911 scene jobs and critical care interfacility jobs, so i'll do either. I'm not afraid of getting on the ambulance either, so it doesn't have to be strictly flight jobs. My only snag is i want to make something close to what I'm making now ( $62K) or just under and living in a place with a lower cost of living. It's sad that on that pay, I will never ever own a house on Long Island NY as long as im single. So my internet friends, where can I go? P.S. if this new place has hot women there, that's a huge bonus! :p

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
It can be done, last year I made what you made (just got my raise) and I just bought a co-op in Hauppauge... but as you know, you've been paying rent for the last year + and I've been living at home.

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
Daaannngg..... :eek: 62K a year........

That would be tough in Missouri........

Even with supervisor pay and overtime I averaged aroud 40k. The cost of living is a lot lower though.

ECC

Forum Captain
Try Colorado. I am taking in about 57K driving an engine and I am on the low end of the spectrum here.

If you are interested in Fire/Medic try Parker Fire Department (google it...I think it is parkerfire.org)

Then there is Air Life Denver...and plenty of good calls to go to.

Good luck!

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by ECC@Aug 26 2005, 08:10 PM
Try Colorado. I am taking in about 57K driving an engine and I am on the low end of the spectrum here.

If you are interested in Fire/Medic try Parker Fire Department (google it...I think it is parkerfire.org)

Then there is Air Life Denver...and plenty of good calls to go to.

Good luck!
Pridemark is/was supposed to be a VERY good ambulance Co... in Coloraldo

otherwise, go to Louisiana and work for Acadian.....