Job Interviews

beaucait

Forum Crew Member
I just got called about a Job interview!

For an Ambulance service, what were some of the questions that were asked that seemed to be specific to EMS and the medical field? Were you ultimately hired? Were there any classes you had to take within a certain time of employment?

I am curious to hear some of the questions that may have been asked!
Thank you

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
Its usually been "why do you want to work here?". I was interviewed by FTOs. Congrats and lets us know how it goes.

OP
OP
beaucait

beaucait

Forum Crew Member
What about specific questions I should ask them?

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
Ask them why should you work there and to tell you about the company

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
You are confident that your patient should receive a given intervention, but your partner strongly disagrees. You are unable to reach OLMC. What do you do?

You are about to depart a referring facility with an IFT. The referring physician insists on an intervention during transport that is not in your protocols, though you are trained to provide it. You are unable to reach your OLMC. What do you do?

OP
OP
beaucait

beaucait

Forum Crew Member
If I was not able to reach OLMC, I would refer to standing orders. There are indications and contraindications for any emergency. If I thought that my idea was the right way to go, I may bring it up to quality control to make sure I explain what happened and become more educated about the type of emergency I was dealing with, and maybe how to deal with a partner who is not cooperating. I might ask to switch partners so no conflict arises because of this issue.

If I was traveling with the physician and he was overseeing me doing the intervention, I would be able to do so, because at that point I am practicing under his license. Just like if a paramedic wants me to give a patient a medication that in my scope of practice I would not be able to give, then I would be able to because he would be overseeing me. I would not feel very comfortable if he told me to do something and he was not there to oversee it, because someone may look at that badly. But, if he was acting as my "OLMC" then I would do it.