ITunes U ... Simply amazing!!

Sublime

LP, RN
Wow I just discovered this from a co-worker last week and it is amazing. If you're not familiar with it, it's basically a massive database of audio / video / course materials from college classes. All for free! You can literally listen to entire semesters worth of lectures from professors at Harvard, Yale, and tons of other universities!

Right now I'm watching a philosophy class on death from Yale and have an Emergency Medicine lecture bookmarked as well. If you want A&P lectures, chemistry, biology, history, even Spanish.... It's on there.

Can't believe I hadn't discovered this sooner.

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
Yup, it's pretty awesome. I think I felt the same way when I found it. :beerchug:

OP
OP
Sublime

Sublime

LP, RN
Feel free to recommend any classes / lectures. I have a feeling my library on here might eventually rival my netflix queue... which is already long enough to keep me busy just watching documentaries for the next year.

Ace 227

Forum Lieutenant
I like to listen to lectures while lifting/running. Kill two birds with one stone, ya know?

OP
OP
Sublime

Sublime

LP, RN
I like to listen to lectures while lifting/running. Kill two birds with one stone, ya know?

I like to listen to music when working out. Don't think I could focus on the lecture and my workout enough to get the most out of both of them. Plus music gets you pumped and motivates the push out those last few reps!

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I like to listen to music when working out. Don't think I could focus on the lecture and my workout enough to get the most out of both of them. Plus music gets you pumped and motivates the push out those last few reps!

Agreed. Lectures are good for a long commute. Hour drive one way to medic school and work for the first half of the year lead me to discover this one.

The other day my partner, who's an EMT-I, working on his degree and is going to test for the next medic program, asked me about 12-leads and I promptly put a 12-lead lecture from iTunes U on the iPad. Needless to say it let me finish my paperwork and he said it actually answered his questions.

Definitely one of my favorite things about iTunes.

AtlasFlyer

Forum Captain
MIT Classes, free: MIT Open Courseware

A tremendous link for learning a new language. Free online language classes from the Foreign Service Institute. These are public domain, LEGAL downloads. The recordings are a bit dry, but they're designed to quickly build conversational ability. FSI Languages

And yes, iTunes U is a GREAT place to learn stuff! :)