It's official-kinda (Sarasota, Florida)

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
Just spoke to the other half who is down in Florida right now for a job interview and she took a job in Sarasota, Florida. So I guess now we are moving down there in mid March.

The fun part now begins: looking for a medic job near there, a place to live, and figure out how to get the house packed and moved haha.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
If I remember right, manatee county is near Sarasota. They have a pretty good third service EMS system

OP
OP
EMT11KDL

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
Thanks, I just applied to a 911 agency to the west of Tampa. I am just not familiar with the layout down there yet, so doing a lot of google searches lol

OP
OP
EMT11KDL

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
OP
OP
EMT11KDL

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
Yeah It was decided for me. I looked at manatee and I didn't see any current openings, I am waiting for @Chimpie to chime in since he lives in the area

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Im locked in where I am in NM for a bit until my parents house sells, so I have some time to look.

OP
OP
EMT11KDL

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
I wish I had more time, 1.5 months isn't much time haha

OP
OP
EMT11KDL

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
From what I have found, medics make somewhere around 15, but I'm not sure if that is just third party or what

OP
OP
EMT11KDL

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
Yeah it is less that what I make now haha but I think with two incomes it won't be bad, we live just off mine right now because she just graduated from college

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
Yeah it is less that what I make now haha but I think with two incomes it won't be bad, we live just off mine right now because she just graduated from college

Yeah you should be fine, kind of don't have a choice now! Haha

OP
OP
EMT11KDL

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
No I do not. I wasn't expecting it to happen so fast lol I thought we would have more time

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Welcome to Sarasota. You'll live where others vacation.

Just a heads up, it got its nickname of "Heaven's waiting room" for a reason.

OP
OP
EMT11KDL

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
Welcome to Sarasota. You'll live where others vacation.

Just a heads up, it got its nickname of "Heaven's waiting room" for a reason.

Haha that is awesome. I have been applying to a lot of places down there, and fighting with Florida EMS on getting a state license. So hopefully I will have a job before I get there

ShearFish

Forum Ride Along
Geriatrics out the arse. Be prepped for running lines in spider web thin veins and skin that tears easier than paper. Manatee pays like garbage, but the benefits are good and their fire and ems are separate. Sarasota, you have to be dual cert and run 5 years on the rig before you can go apparatus. There's a bunch of privates around but they handle IFC. Not sure about how Tampa works. I just sent a resume to AMR there to get out of the hell hole I am in. I need to follow up with them Monday..