Is this even an option

Eloina

Forum Ride Along
Is joining a paramedic program and earning an associate's degree possible for someone who is straight out of highschool?

Grozler

Forum Crew Member
Depends on a few things. First is there a pre-requisite of work experience as a BLS provider by either the program or the state? If not then does the program provide a built in EMT program because having an EMT certification is required to become a paramedic. Then of course there is the year plus course load of academic pre-requisites to deal with in order to fulfill the program entry requirements but that’s another story entirely.

hometownmedic5

Forum Asst. Chief
Maybe, maybe not. It would help whomever is going to do the research for you to know where on the planet you live and, if different, where on the planet you'd like to mount this mission from.

There are plenty of places to go from zero to hero. I dont know all of them, most of them, or even many of them; but they exist. Google will guide you on your lofty quest, or as I said, if you provide the particulars, I'm confident someone will be along to do your research for you.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
yes

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I'm sure it is possible. I know of at least one place where ita possible to go from zero to bachelor degreed paramedic.

rujero

Emergency Services RN, NREMT
Here in MA there are colleges that have both associate degrees and bachelor's degrees in paramedicine. You can attend them out of High School. I would recommend working throughout the program as a Basic.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

rujero

OP
OP
E

Eloina

Forum Ride Along
Thank you all very much. I have the information I need.

P.S. I currently live in California.

rujero

Good luck.

agregularguy

Forum Lieutenant
Northern Essex Community College has an Associates and Anna Maria has the Paramedic Science Bachelors degree.

Springfield College in western ma also has an EMS Management program, in which you get your medic during the program.