Is there anywhere I can get an affordable custom badge made?

LifeOfAMedicStudent

Forum Crew Member
I am looking for the economy option, somewhere around $50- $75. I was wondering where I can get a custom paramedic badge with my state's seal made without spending a fortune.

7vP0Qfy.jpg

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Unless you work for a state agency I would advise against that. The state agencies that have badges with the state seal will usually provide them to you.

Custom badge shops will usually want some sort of proof that you work for a state agency and your specific state may only allow a certain shop to use the state seal.

OP
OP
L

LifeOfAMedicStudent

Forum Crew Member
Unless you work for a state agency I would advise against that. The state agencies that have badges with the state seal will usually provide them to you.

Custom badge shops will usually want some sort of proof that you work for a state agency and your specific state may only allow a certain shop to use the state seal.

How do you know this?

I know guys that worked for a county agency that had these with the state seal and everything. They only purchased them for a select few (supervisors, long time employees, those who were on honor guard).

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
How do you know this?

I know guys that worked for a county agency that had these with the state seal and everything. They only purchased them for a select few (supervisors, long time employees, those who were on honor guard).
The key phrase is "worked for a county agency".

If you work for a county/state agency then go through your official channels to obtain one (if your current position allows for it). If you do not work for a state/county/or other agency who is authorized to use the state seal then I would back away very quickly. Great way to get in some trouble

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
How do you know this?

A) I worked for a state agency and can confirm this. You can't get a state agency badge outside of employment from a state agency.
B) We both work for the same private agency. Same as above, you can't buy a badge outside of our company.
C) Same goes for a county service. See above.

Why would you want to in the first place? Whacker much? Just all around a bad idea in my opinion.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

LifeOfAMedicStudent

Forum Crew Member
A) I worked for a state agency and can confirm this. You can't get a state agency badge outside of employment from a state agency.
B) We both work for the same private agency. Same as above, you can't buy a badge outside of our company.
C) Same goes for a county service. See above.

Why would you want to in the first place? Wacker much? Just all around a bad idea in my opinion.

The current county I work for has polos and t-shirts for uniform. It does not look "public-safetyish". This is unlike the other county service I worked for that had class A's as uniforms.

I feel the badge on a belt holder would look more professional, instead of being so minimalistic.

If you want to call me a "squirrel" or a "whacker" so be it. But I want to look like a professional.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I work for a county agency too. Not the same county anymore, but a different one. Still a government service.
Then go through your county service to obtain a badge for your county with your county seal. If you want a badge with a seal from a different county then go work for that county. If you want a badge with a state seal then go work for a state agency.

In CA really the only badges I see that have a state seal are some CalFire badges and then Highway patrol badges. County sheriff have their county seal. City police have their own city seal and so on.

OP
OP
L

LifeOfAMedicStudent

Forum Crew Member
Then go through your county service to obtain a badge for your county with your county seal. If you want a badge with a seal from a different county then go work for that county. If you want a badge with a state seal then go work for a state agency.

In CA really the only badges I see that have a state seal are some CalFire badges and then Highway patrol badges. County sheriff have their county seal. City police have their own city seal and so on.

In Tennessee, many of the county agencies provide their medics with badges containing the state seal. Even county and city law enforcement have state seals.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
The current county I work for has polos and t-shirts for uniform. It does not look "public-safetyish". This is unlike the other county service I worked for that had class A's as uniforms.

I feel the badge on a belt holder would look more professional, instead of being so minimalistic.

If you want to call me a "squirrel" or a "whacker" so be it. But I want to look like a professional.
Then request a badge and uniform from your service so that you can stand out from everyone else. If you have a badge made that you are not authorized to carry and the shop was not authorized to make is asking for trouble.

CALEMT

CalFire badges and then Highway patrol badges.

These are the only two that come to mind. However I'm sure theres some state agency in CA that has a badge.

OP, why not just take this up with one of your supervisors or the county? Why go outside the initial chain of command?

OP
OP
L

LifeOfAMedicStudent

Forum Crew Member
These are the only two that come to mind. However I'm sure theres some state agency in CA that has a badge.

OP, why not just take this up with one of your supervisors or the county? Why go outside the initial chain of command?

Because I work for an extremely poor county that pays their full time paramedics $9/hr. I want to reapply at the other county I work for that pays medics $14/hr but I need to finish up my last month of medic school first. The problem is, when I asked the director about it, he stated the badges were expensive and he only purchased them for certain people. But wearing class A's over there, I especially want a badge to accomodate my uniform.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
i agree with @DesertMedic66. Why would you even want a badge? I absolutely HATE my EMS badge, it makes me look like an LEO, and that means i look like a target.
You also need to work for the state of TN to get a state badge.
My LEO badge says NYS parole officer because i work for the state. My EMS badge says Albany county sheriffs EMS, not that you can read that from more then 5 ft away anyways.
If they are handing out badges like candy, go get one from your Supervisors, don't get one made from a private shop. (ask your director to order you a badge, and you pay for that one so you know its legal??)
The legal side... theoretically you could get charged with 'Criminal impersonation in the second degree**i think**' Which if my memory at midnight serves me right is NYS Penal law 190.2? I'm not from TN nor do i supervise anybody from there so idk their crime codes.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
You know what doesn't define a professional? A shiny badge. Go back to the service that wears Class A uniforms if it's that big of a deal. I haven't had a badge in over a decade, I still consider myself to "look the part" without it.

In other news, I've never heard the term "squirrel" used this way before.

CALEMT

I don't know what to tell you dude... You seem to just not be getting this. Your service doesn't have a badge, oh well... so the hell what, who cares. It honestly doesn't make you any more or less professional. Plenty of services including Fire and Law enforcement use polos and look professional. But hey what do I know, I'm just a guy on the internet saying that wearing a unauthorized badge is just asking for trouble. You can do you, DesertMedic and myself are highly advising against that. You want a badge, go work for a place that has one as part of the uniform. Its not that hard.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dennhop

Forum Crew Member
I don't understand the desire to wear a badge...We got ours issued through the city, for our dress uniforms, which I've only had to wear once...Otherwise we wear polos, which tbh, in the summer time are absolutely miserable...I'd rather be able to wear just a t-shirt in the summer. Having a badge on all the time would be more of an annoyance to me, worrying about it getting hung up on a strap, getting caught on patients in tight situations and maybe getting ripped off. (That may be a bit unrealistic, as I know many services do have their medics/EMTs wear badges all the time) bit to me, that's what I would be worried about. Why add more crap to what I already have. More is not always better. I learned that a lot g time ago in the Corps; packing gear lists for a 2 week field IP that required practically every piece of issued gear we owned.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Anything that is custom made is going to be expensive, especially for a single custom item.

If you are deadset on getting a metal have, I would suggest this: http://m.galls.com/galls-ems-badge

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Nametags4u.com, get a flight badge with wings. Way cooler