Is the EMT field growing and are they in demand?

Lordbenkai

Forum Probie
So I’m studying to be an EMT right now, and was wondering if they are in demand and is the field growing. I am in the Minnesota/Minneapolis Saint Paul.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Yes and no... healthcare is in demand because people are getting older and sicker, and call volumes are trending upwards, as they have for decades.

as for what is the demand in your particular area, that depends on many factors... if I was you I would look at local job listings, or reach out to some agencies in your area and see if they are hiring, as they can give you much more location-specific information.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief

FFmed

Forum Ride Along
So I’m studying to be an EMT right now, and was wondering if they are in demand and is the field growing. I am in the Minnesota/Minneapolis Saint Paul.
I think there will always be a demand especially if you consider the other doors that open up with EMT numbers. It’s a really good way to get into healthcare if you don’t wanna take out loans for RN, lpn etc. Private clinics are always looking for help, so are hospitals, govt contractor etc., the possibilities are definitely there..The wages right now are through the roof, sadly it took a pandemic 😞 If you take care of your back and mind you will probably not regret getting your EMT. Best of luck!