iPad / Kindle textbook versions

Sublime

LP, RN
Anyone have experience with these? Specifically thinking about getting Guyton's Physiology for my iPad so I don't have to carry another big book with me everywhere. I have never used a e-version of a textbook before so I am not sure how user-friendly they are or if it's just worth it to get the hard cover and haul it around.

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
Anyone have experience with these? Specifically thinking about getting Guyton's Physiology for my iPad so I don't have to carry another big book with me everywhere. I have never used a e-version of a textbook before so I am not sure how user-friendly they are or if it's just worth it to get the hard cover and haul it around.

Works great. I use a Nexus 7 tablet.

As long as your device supports PDF files you are good to go. Extremely easy to navigate the text and search for whatever you may need.

I have guytons on my computer but it isn't in PDF form so I cant use it on my tablet.

All my nursing books are on my tablet though no problem. Great resolution too for pictures and diagrams.

FLdoc2011

Forum Captain
Currently have a ton of medical texts/reference PDF on my iPad.

Ultimately, if I'm doing any sort of extended time reading I think I prefer using an actual book with real pages. But it's hard to beat the convenience of having all your references with you all the time.

Any new book I'm looking at I try to get the ebook or PDF version as well, or instead of the hardcover just for the convenience factor.

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
Any specific PDF links or books that y'all have found most helpful?

I haven't actually read guytons yet but it's highly recommended by the docs of the forum...

I just finished reading "martini fundamentals of anatomy and physiology." It's around 1200 pages I think. Very informative read but it can get a bit confusing once you hit the neuro chapters.

Last edited by a moderator:

medic417

The Truth Provider
If your old school like me books are preferred but when traveling eBooks are great.