Intubation Kit

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
In stocking our new ambulance we've decided we want a complete intubation kit kept in the cabinets to go along with the one in the bag that is not accessible while transporting.

I'm looking for a kit that can hold adult blades, tubes, BLS airways, confirmation devices, and tube securement. We currently use a Conterra roll in our airway bag, but it is not big enough to carry confirmation devices.

What's good that maybe won't break the bank?

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
My old service used an Iron Duck intubation kit. A clamshell zippered thing. It held the backup intubation gear.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Instead of keeping the confirmation devices in the intubation roll, keep one with each ambu-bag?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Our intubation kits contain everything to do with airway pretty much. OPAs, NPAs, 1-2 of each size tube, 1-2 of each Mac/Miller blades, big and small handle, magills, tube securing devices, waveform capno.

I just can't remember the name of the brand we use. Let me do a little Google-fo and I'll get a name

OP
OP
Tigger

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Instead of keeping the confirmation devices in the intubation roll, keep one with each ambu-bag?

I've tried, but the fire departments rob us for restock on scene and I doubt they will bother to take said devices out.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
We keep our EtCO2 monitors in our bags that're attached to our monitor.

We have Thomas Pack intubation kits that fit inside our O2 bag using velcro to secure them. In them we carry 2.5-8.5 ETT, 16 and 18 Fr OG/NG, a pedi and adult commercial tube holder, two handles, a full set of Miller and Mac blades, a bougie, stylets for pedi and adult tubes, large and small magills, tape and a pair of syringes for the ETT cuffs. I usually have an EtCO2 probe in there as well. I hate the pedi tube holders, they don't work worth crap so I use tape or a NC. Works like a charm.

Basically this but ours are older:
http://www.thomasems.com/intubation-pack.html

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
We keep our EtCO2 monitors in our bags that're attached to our monitor.

We have Thomas Pack intubation kits that fit inside our O2 bag using velcro to secure them. In them we carry 2.5-8.5 ETT, 16 and 18 Fr OG/NG, a pedi and adult commercial tube holder, two handles, a full set of Miller and Mac blades, a bougie, stylets for pedi and adult tubes, large and small magills, tape and a pair of syringes for the ETT cuffs. I usually have an EtCO2 probe in there as well. I hate the pedi tube holders, they don't work worth crap so I use tape or a NC. Works like a charm.

Basically this but ours are older:
http://www.thomasems.com/intubation-pack.html
Haven't heard of a NC to secure a pedi tube. How is that done

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Haven't heard of a NC to secure a pedi tube. How is that done
I cut the NC right before it becomes one, double loop in around the tube near where the prongs are, run it around their neck and tie it off on the side. I've always done it along with tape just cause pedi tubes come out so damn easily.

Plus you don't have to worry about tape sticking if they're diaphoretic.

When I go back to work I'll get a picture for you.

Anjel

Forum Angel
guqysyta.jpg

This holds our OPAs, blades, handle, forceps, full set of tubes (2 of each), scalpel, and inside the zipper is the tube holder, etco2, NPA, goggles, and 2 King airways.

It is the Pacific Coast Series S400 ALS Intubation Module. Cost about 100 bucks.

samytesa.jpg

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
guqysyta.jpg

This holds our OPAs, blades, handle, forceps, full set of tubes (2 of each), scalpel, and inside the zipper is the tube holder, etco2, NPA, goggles, and 2 King airways.

It is the Pacific Coast Series S400 ALS Intubation Module. Cost about 100 bucks.

samytesa.jpg
This is the same kit that we use (just different color)

OP
OP
Tigger

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
That right there is about what we need. Nearly all of our pediatric stuff is in a Broselow bag so we don't have to worry about that.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
This is our intubation kit we keep on the ambulance. Nothing fancy, just a pouch that carries a tube and laryngscope and the like. I don't think it's a commercial purpose built pouch, but it does the job.
438510bd6eca3629f13619f762829e91.jpg

4d8e9c48d7a31c05fad137b15116e7a7.jpg
c4487d703a61076f0f19cbff6c278c6f.jpg

irishboxer384

Forum Captain
Statpak equipment is very good...good quality zips/elastics etc. They hold all your airway kit. I have never bought just the airway bag individually but I think it's about $50-100.

I've used these for a few projects now and never had any issues...they're quick to deploy and protects the equipment even when used in rough conditions. Haven't found anything else I'd pick over it to be honest.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-13 at 08.53.08.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-13 at 08.53.08.png
    189.6 KB · Views: 346