Interview with AMR tomorrow!

Anthony Nevarez Jr

Forum Ride Along
Hello all,

Tomorrow I have an interview with AMR Redlands Division in CA. I was hoping to get some advice and info that can help prepare me. I have already taken and passed the written portion of the process. Thanks to all.

wtferick

Forum Captain
When I interviewed, I strictly demanded for a full time position (got to pay bills) they called me later saying no full time positions were available and that all part time slots just got filled in. Just a little hint hint.

gotbeerz001

Forum Deputy Chief
When I interviewed, I strictly demanded for a full time position (got to pay bills) they called me later saying no full time positions were available and that all part time slots just got filled in. Just a little hint hint.
Hmmm... Demanding things in an interview is usually a good move, too.

Sounds like they called you just to rub it in.

Just a hint, most PT positions afford you full-time hours. With so many FDs hiring, most private transport companies are operating with skeleton crews. Your goal should be to just get in; figure out hours later.

wtferick

Forum Captain
Hmmm... Demanding things in an interview is usually a good move, too.

Sounds like they called you just to rub it in.

Just a hint, most PT positions afford you full-time hours. With so many FDs hiring, most private transport companies are operating with skeleton crews. Your goal should be to just get in; figure out hours later.
I didn't say it rudely my good sir. They asked if I would want to take full time or part time. I requested full time. But from what I asked and read online. Seems like they hire part time to begin.

gotbeerz001

Forum Deputy Chief
I didn't say it rudely my good sir. They asked if I would want to take full time or part time. I requested full time. But from what I asked and read online. Seems like they hire part time to begin.
Haha. Okay, my bad. Your words from your original reply read that you "strictly demanded full time". I was confused. [emoji482]

OP
OP
Anthony Nevarez Jr

Anthony Nevarez Jr

Forum Ride Along
It went rather well I think.

I was asked as well full or part time. I said full time would be more desirable, however if offered part time I would also accept.