Interview and Driving records

TonyaL

Forum Crew Member
Is there a reason why some companies don't check your driving record or get a copy of your driving record prior to interviewing you?

My driving record isn't perfect. But I had a phone interview with a company on Thursday. The next day I got a phone call from the hr of the company to schedule orientation dates. Also wanted me to come in next week to bring in my EMT license drivers license, CPR card etc. Before she hangs up she asked about my driving record. I was honest with her that I do have points on my license 3 points ate coming off Oct 7 and the others that I have on there.

She said okay that she would pull my record and discuss it with me on the 16th when I came in with my EMT license.

I guess I'm irritated because why wouldn't you check my driving record before now? Why offer me a position and set up orientation dates if you haven't seen my driving record,? Is this common practice for companies to check driving records after the interview and job offer?

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Generally most places want your driving record before your interview. Some might take it afterwards, but not before scheduling orientation, that doesn't make sense.

OP
OP
T

TonyaL

Forum Crew Member
It don't make sense to me either. I'll go in on the 16th and give them everything and go from there.