International Paper, internal problems (lol)

Cap'nPanic

Forum Lieutenant
I received a phone call today from a friend who is a medic with International Paper.

He was dispatched out to a call at approx. 0300 hrs last night for a 48 y/o M with profuse bleeding from a major artery in his left arm.

While doing his assessment he got down to the MOI, well his patient wasnt the brightest bulb in the box, so here goes.

Medic: Describe to me how you got your injury?

Pt: Well my hemorrhoids were bothering me so I went into the bathroom to examine them to see if I needed any medical attention at the ER after shift. I had my right foot placed on the urinal adjacent to the sink. Well I guess I wasnt paying attention, and my foot slipped. I hit the sink hard enough to knock it on the wall in which it shattered upon hitting the floor. I cut my arm on a piece of the sink.

Medic: well how did you get blood on your pants? Did you cut your private parts?

Pt: No, I was trying to hold my pants up and keep my arm from bleeding at the same time

Medic: is there any thing else you'd like me to know?

Pt: Well, there's a bit of water on the floor in there.

The only other thing I might add to this story is that this injury report went to the Memphis, TN headquarters, lol. :lol: :lol: :lol: :blink: :blink:

Have a nice day.

-Cap'nPanic

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Pictures. All incident reports must have pictures attached. A carbon copy of said pictures must be sent to all friends and then posted online for all of us to laugh at.

:D

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
ROFLMFAO!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Since this is a work related injury, I'll bet dollars to pesos that OSHA won't think it's funny. I wouldn't be suprised if they make employers put "Non-Skid" around the edges of the urinal to prevent this from happening again. ;)

OP
OP
C

Cap'nPanic

Forum Lieutenant
Sadly, OSHA works hard to make sure stupidity is safegaurded.

McDonald's coffee anyone?

-Cap'nPanic

The one, the only, the stupidity advocate.... :rolleyes: :lol: :p B)

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by Chimpie@Aug 25 2005, 08:54 PM
Pictures. All incident reports must have pictures attached. A carbon copy of said pictures must be sent to all friends and then posted online for all of us to laugh at.

:D
Yep.

Or, at least, input into a computer incident reporting system to give all the guards a good laugh :lol: :rolleyes:

Jon