Insight working at Falck in Northern California

victoria17rock

Forum Probie
I have a video interview this week in Sacramento California with Falck. Can anyone give me any information like what was asked in your interview. I'm looking on their website for some information and I'm not finding much. I wanted to know if they do IFT or 911? Do they use battery operated stretchers? Thank you for any information!

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
In Sacramento county itself, they don't do 911 that I've ever heard of. I'm not saying it's not possible that they do 911, just that I haven't heard of it. The primary reason for this is the vast majority of 911 in Sacramento County is done through a Fire agency, there are several of them. AMR might still have a few units but that would be a legacy deal from a contract from some 20 years ago. All the ALS private ambulance companies in Sacramento County do IFT and they do "private" emergency calls. Most of those are either through transport contracts with various facilities that need a patient to go to the ER or from people that choose not to call 911 for their issue but instead call an ambulance company directly. All ALS use the same county protocols. If there's no urgent need for an ALS transfer or emergency call, you can get sent to do nearly any IFT.

As to whether or not Falck uses power gurneys, I don't recall. I had a Falck crew at my ED the other day and I just don't recall if they used a power or manual gurney. It seems that most of the companies I interact with do use power gurneys but not all of them do. Since I usually don't see patients actually being loaded or unloaded from the ambulance, I don't know how many companies also power load/unload.

halocell

Forum Probie
I have a video interview this week in Sacramento California with Falck. Can anyone give me any information like what was asked in your interview. I'm looking on their website for some information and I'm not finding much. I wanted to know if they do IFT or 911? Do they use battery operated stretchers? Thank you for any information!
Let me know how it goes! Im starting to apply for places in northern California aswell so i'd love to hear more about the interview and how it went.

OP
OP
V

victoria17rock

Forum Probie
Went well. Got a call today that they hired me. I have to do drug screen,PAT, and a respiratory test on Friday. They asked me basic interview questions took about 40 minutes over phone the video part didn't work for some reason so we just did it without it.

OP
OP
V

victoria17rock

Forum Probie
Also about the stretchers. I got a not sure answer from the two people I asked (interviewer and HR). One said I think they are battery operated and the other said I think they have battery and manual. 56,000 run volume I believe as well.