Induced hypothermia

Arkymedic

Forum Captain
If anyone can provide some statistics and research on this along with any protocols being used I would greatly appreciate it. I have been so busy with work and college that I haven't had a lot of time to research this.

knxemt1983

Forum Lieutenant
I too would like some input from the people on here about it. I know it is still very controversial, and nobody in my area is even near trying it out. I would also be interested to hear from some people who have used it, and if they noticed any better outcome.

LIFEGUARDAVIDAS

Forum Crew Member

SCFlightMedic

Forum Ride Along
At our helicopter service in Spartanburg, South Carolina, we were the first in North America and the second in the world to implement a non-trial/non-study protocol for hypothermia induction in post-ROSC patients in early 2005. Since that time, I have been fortunate to teach across the United States and around the world about our protocol and our results. According to my teaching colleague and my research, there are now over 30 EMS agencies who have implemented a TH protocol and the number is rising every day. If there is anything in particular that I can answer for you about the process or the protocol, please feel free to e-mail me!

Thanks!
Mike