In California, where is the best place to take a 48hr refresher course

Scott Roberts

Forum Probie
I am a paramedic needing to recert in California I live in Riverside. Any suggestions.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
AMR-Riverside County offers 48 hour refresher courses that are about 2 weeks long. Aside from that there are some online options.

OP
OP
S

Scott Roberts

Forum Probie
Thank you DesertMedic66 i will look into both options. But state of Calif. does require a 48hr refresher, is that correct?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Thank you DesertMedic66 i will look into both options. But state of Calif. does require a 48hr refresher, is that correct?
No. CA requires 48 hours of CEs in certain areas but it does not have to be a refresher.

OP
OP
S

Scott Roberts

Forum Probie
Has anyone use (Distance CME OnCourse Learning) is it a good organization? I am considering using them for my 48 hr refresher requirement

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I used them for my last recert cycle. I actually thought it was pretty good and am definitely considering using their services again for the critical care review course they offer.

They use very limited, almost no war stories and just provide you with the information which I was a huge fan of. There was only one of their instructors that I was not a huge fan of.